Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brown, Conner, DeCastro, Heyward, Pouncey, and Villeneuva named to Pro Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Does AV deserve the 2nd Pro Bowl nod? I like him and all, but I'm not convinced he's one of the best OTs in the league. But we don't give up sacks and he's a big part of our success.

But what about Foster? I think he's just as good a G as AV is a T. Neither is great imho, but I like them both. Probably 2 of my favorite players.

Just curious, does AV get more recognition because of his salute to the flag last year while his teammates stayed in the tunnel? I dunno. How do you really pick Olinemen for a ProBowl? Who has seriously watched and studied game tape of every linemen to truly compare?
    I disagree. LAST SEASON that was true, but this season the dude is protecting Ben at an ELITE level.
    I know there was an article in PFF that he was second in the league in fewest pressure.

Foster is a "better than average" guard.
    Not special......but perhaps most consistently NEVER a liability.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looks like the strategy of listing Heyward as a DT paid off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Biggest omission is in my view is TJ Watt.
    Outside of Von Miller.....I'd put TJ ahead of the rest.
    Look at the numbers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I read this yesterday. Other than the fact that Aaron Donald obviously never took any composition or grammar courses it was a really touching gesture from someone who by all accounts is a high character guy
    Aaron Donald teared up when reminded of text to James Conner
    By Michael David Smith | Dec 21, 2018, 9:33 AM EST

After college teammates James Conner and Aaron Donald were both named to the Pro Bowl this week, Conner shared on Instagram the text that Donald sent him in 2015, when Conner was diagnosed with cancer. That text did a lot to lift Connerís spirits, and learning that meant a lot to Donald.

Asked about it on Thursday, Donald said he was touched that Conner had saved his text and still remembered it three years later.

ďI started to tear up when I seen it. Heís family to me. So Iím just proud of him. Iím his biggest fan,Ē Donald said, via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.

In his text to Conner three years ago, Donald wrote, ďYouíre going to look back at this one day after about seven Pro Bowls.Ē Conner now has six Pro Bowls to go, and he and Donald will square off against each other at the Pro Bowl this season. Unless one of them is in the Super Bowl ó or, perhaps, they will meet each other in the Super Bowl.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Still irritated that Roethlisberger and Watt were snubbed.
    Rara's 2019 mock draft
    ---------------------------------------
    Round 1- Mack Wilson, ILB; Alabama
    Round 2- Rock Ya-Sin, CB; Temple
    Round 3- B.J. Blunt, OLB; McNeese State
    Round 4- Oli Udoh, OG/OT; Elan
    Round 6a- Jacques Patrick, RB; Florida State
    Round 6b- Joey Alfieri, OLB; Stanford
    Round 7- DeAndre Thompkins, WR; Penn State

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Watt was definitely deserving. Ben... well lets just say these last 2 games will determine that in my mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Joel Bitonio in, David DeCastro out for Pro Bowl

Posted by Josh Alper on January 10, 2019, 12:01 PM EST

The initial AFC Pro Bowl roster featured a couple of guards from AFC North teams and the number remains at two despite David DeCastro‘s decision to pull out of the game because of injury.

DeCastro will be replaced by Browns guard Joel Bitonio, who will join Marshal Yanda of the Ravens and Quenton Nelson of the Colts in Orlando barring any other changes to the roster.

It’s the first time that Bitonio has been tabbed for the Pro Bowl. The 2014 second-round pick started every game this year and was also a second-team All-Pro selection.

Bitonio is one of the three Browns players on the AFC team. Defensive end Myles Garrett and cornerback Denzel Ward were both initial selections for this year’s game

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/joel-bitonio-in-david-decastro-out-for-pro-bowl/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Biggest omission is in my view is TJ Watt.
    Outside of Von Miller.....I'd put TJ ahead of the rest.
    Look at the numbers.
    Iíve been thinking the same way but I thought I might have been bias because itís my team. But since you said it also, I know itís not my black & gold glasses blinding me.

Legend

User Info Menu

T.J. Watt added to AFC Pro Bowl roster

Posted by Josh Alper on January 17, 2019, 1:40 PM EST

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt was named to the AFC Pro Bowl roster along with teammate Jadeveon Clowney, but Clowney will not be joining him in Orlando.

The loss of a regular teammate created a chance for Watt to share the field with someone else he knows well, however. The Steelers announced that linebacker T.J. Watt will be filling Clowney’s spot on the roster, which leaves Chargers fullback Derek as the only Watt brother in the NFL that won’t be playing in Orlando on January 27.

Watt led the Steelers and finished tied for seventh in the league with 13 sacks in his second professional season. He also had 68 tackles and six forced fumbles.

Six other Steelers were elected to the initial AFC roster. Wide receiver Antonio Brown and guard David DeCastro have pulled out of the game with wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster taking his teammate’s place. Running back James Conner, defensive lineman Cameron Heyward, center Maurkice Pouncey and tackle Alejandro Villanueva round out the group.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/17/t-j-watt-added-to-afc-pro-bowl-roster/