Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brady Post Game

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and we won. So go ahead and keep dwelling on what was ultimately nothing. Stay in your unhappy place.
    I'm not in an unhappy place at all. What I posted is 100% fact. Did it ultimately impact this game? No. But throwing away timeouts is a bad habit to be in, and can ultimately prove costly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    It looks as though Tomlin enlisted some defensive help this week. Let's keep this guy on salary the rest of the year.

Read more: https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/steelers-bring-in-former-giants-jets-colts-lb-coach-to-help-defense-prepare-for-patriots/
    A lot is being made about this but for no reason. Tomlin said that's routine to bring in unemployment to watch their practice, nothing more nothing less. He even named a bunch of coaches in the past.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

So basically we now have the 'talent' on defense to beat teams?
    I think it was a great defensive gameplan but the Pats did drop 3 passes in the first half.
    Going 5 wide at the 4 yard line on 2nd down was boneheaded when we were running well and took points off the board.
    That toss counter to Samuels was a great play design by Fichtner.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I'm not in an unhappy place at all. What I posted is 100% fact. Did it ultimately impact this game? No. But throwing away timeouts is a bad habit to be in, and can ultimately prove costly.
    You're not allowed to discuss anything that might be negative even when we win.
    He accepts wins and losses as equal and will attack everyone with the same old spiel.
    Imagine not being able to talk about things on a forum?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Sorry for exaggerating? I heard it was 19...Maybe someone can verify
    It's 10 in a row, not 19. All 5 challenges this season were upheld, and all 4 last season too, plus the final challenge in the AFC Championship Game at the end of the 2016 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/TomlMi0.htm

But overall, in his head coaching career here over the last dozen seasons, he's challenged calls 71 times total, with 32 of them being overturned and 39 being upheld. So prior to this 10 challenge skid he is currently on, he was actually successful more often than not in his first decade as a head coach with 32 challenges successful to 29 challenges unsuccessful.

It is odd that folks are focusing in on Tomlin's challenges following a game in which he outcoached Bill Freaking Belichick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's 10 in a row, not 19. All 5 challenges this season were upheld, and all 4 last season too, plus the final challenge in the AFC Championship Game at the end of the 2016 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/TomlMi0.htm

But overall, in his head coaching career here over the last dozen seasons, he's challenged calls 71 times total, with 32 of them being overturned and 39 being upheld. So prior to this 10 challenge skid he is currently on, he was actually successful more often than not in his first decade as a head coach with 32 challenges successful to 29 challenges unsuccessful.

It is odd that folks are focusing in on Tomlin's challenges following a game in which he outcoached Bill Freaking Belichick.
    Ruthless--it isn't odd. They have to find a negative in everything win or lose. They are so invested in their dislike (won't say hatred because it hurts feelings) of Tomlin they look for the most obtuse reasons to complain. Like I say...aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ruthless--it isn't odd. They have to find a negative in everything win or lose. They are so invested in their dislike (won't say hatred because it hurts feelings) of Tomlin they look for the most obtuse reasons to complain. Like I say...aren't happy unless they are unhappy.
    Fire Dick Lebeau!!!

He's lost it. He's senile. That should sound familiar since a certain someone spent years writing it. God forbid people critical Tomlin. The man crush is real.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Fire Dick Lebeau!!!

He's lost it. He's senile. That should sound familiar since a certain someone spent years writing it. God forbid people critical Tomlin. The man crush is real.
    Clearly the Rooneys also agreed that LeBeau lost it which is why he got the boot. They clearly don't feel that way about Tomlin.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Clearly the Rooneys also agreed that LeBeau lost it which is why he got the boot. They clearly don't feel that way about Tomlin.
    They haven't yet. They should have.

Just as the Rooney's didn't fire Lebeau early enough. I thought it was a time for change as well but it took the Rooney's longer than what it should.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

While I'm not a big fan of Tomlin, he's definitely one of the better coaches in the league. I'd put him in the top 10, but not the top 5.

He does frustrate me at times, though.

Patiently waiting for the next Sean McVay.