Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What"s the difference

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

What"s the difference

Even if we do manage to sneak into the playoffs, we will get DESTROYED by any team we play. So angry at myself for supporting this franchise for over 60 years!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Even if we do manage to sneak into the playoffs, we will get DESTROYED by any team we play. So angry at myself for supporting this franchise for over 60 years!
    Try being a lions fan.... or a browns fan... or a bills fan. We still lead the division and all that’s required for any team to be the champs is a ticket into the playoffs.... get that and anything can happen.

Im not going to divulge in probabilities....

Banned

User Info Menu

the differense is tthe tomlin supports can state that he made the playoffs agin..........dont care that they should have won or gone farther or had home field.
    maybe you should just change your expectations to start the year.

1) dont evern think we will win or be in the super bowl
    2) look at the talent and our schedule. figure out how many wins the team should have than multiple it by .75 and plan on that
    3) plan for several easy wins given away for multiple stupid reasons
    4) plenty of team drama
    5) undiscipline

those would be a good start

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Try being a lions fan.... or a browns fan... or a bills fan. We still lead the division and all that’s required for any team to be the champs is a ticket into the playoffs.... get that and anything can happen.

Im not going to divulge in probabilities....
    big difference. those fans know their team sucks and expect it. they deserve the misery

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The skid sucks, but they have shown they can play with anyone. The raiders are a strange phenomenon with the steelers, i cant explain it but it was another instance of a game that they not only should have won but some heart ache right when they could have won.

The team beat the life out of the panthers, beat up on the ravens after losing to them early in the year, had a heroic comeback vs jags and was a play or two away from taking the lead vs the chiefs.

Chargers loss hurt bad, the officiating was terrible. The goal is still win the division and they are still leading. The team clearly has some holes, the missed kicks are just murdering them right now but 12/10 isnt the time to stick a fork in a team

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I get the frustration over this year and the last few - but really??????

The steelers have been the model of a franchise for around the last 50 years. We rarely have losing seasons, make the playoffs more than most and of course the lombardi's. The fact we have such a high standard here is the reason we're all losing our minds. If this were cleveland the city would be on fire for being in first place in december.

I'm as mad as anyone about this wasted year. I've been off the Tomlin bandwagon for the last few years.

but thank god my home team is the Steelers. I'll support them till I'm dead.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At the end of the day - if the Steelers don't beat the PATS this weekend (at home) the playoffs are pointless.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

if that's what you think, you might as well quit watching and commenting then. Look forward to hearing from you gain next summer. Enjoy your time off.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    the differense is tthe tomlin supports can state that he made the playoffs agin..........dont care that they should have won or gone farther or had home field.
    maybe you should just change your expectations to start the year.

1) dont evern think we will win or be in the super bowl
    2) look at the talent and our schedule. figure out how many wins the team should have than multiple it by .75 and plan on that
    3) plan for several easy wins given away for multiple stupid reasons
    4) plenty of team drama
    5) undiscipline

those would be a good start
    Yep, just lower your expectations and find contentment ... while Patriots' fans dream of making it to another Super Bowl, we can be happy dreaming about keeping the streak of non-losing seasons alive.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

LOL!! It is amazing what you write when you are p---ed. I have already started on my mock draft for next season.