Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s Wrong With This Team?

Legend

User Info Menu

What’s Wrong With This Team?

Any ideas????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Start at the top and work your way down.

Rookie

User Info Menu

best offense line in nfl? worst secondary in nfl? poor time management no adjustments in game. anything else?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Going for it on 4th and 1 at midfield when up by 4 with your backup QB. Didn’t result in Raiders points but you have to question the decision. In game decisions are poor.

Backup

User Info Menu

1. The Rooneys. for continuing to stick with this poser Tomlin. 3 playoff wins in 7 years, and several humiliating loses.
    2. Tomlin. Way way way too much drama, year after year. Horrible game manager. Never has his teams ready. Makes zero adjustments. Horrible draft and personnel decisions. I could go on but what's the point?
    3. Colbert. See above for draft and personnel. How many first round picks are they going to whiff on?
    4. Lev Bell. I can blame the above for this too, but Bell royally screwed the team. Drama aside, everyone thought he'd be back at some point this year.
    5. Boswell. There are at least 3 games that he's responsible for losing. Obviously not solely, but he could have won games by making easy field goals and extra points. Do you damn job.
    6. Big Ben. For the most part he's been great this year. But too many picks and fumbles. The Denver pick was inexcusable for a rookie, let alone someone like Ben. And he almost did the same exact thing today.
    7. Defense. Top to bottom. I"m not gonna name everyone but i could. They all suck. Hayden is probably the best. The rest either underachieved or flat out suck.
    8. Special teams. They're 'special' alright.

I was going to list 10 but who cares. The team sucks and will never win anything with Tomlin running it.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ff1085 View Post
    best offense line in nfl? worst secondary in nfl? poor time management no adjustments in game. anything else?
    Logic in excess. I think you need to apply for the HC position. Anything is better than watching our team self destruct year in and year out.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ff1085 View Post
    I used to buy into that "best offense line in the nfl" but no more. The Raiders gave up over 5yrd/run average this year. What did we average today? 2? This is NOT the best line in football by a long shot.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Any ideas????
    Too many issues to list, but #1 lack of a head coach with any working brain cells.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Defense can't get stops in the 4th quarter and our kicker can't make a kick.

Backup

User Info Menu

There is a consistent lack of focus on this team and that is the overall reason for the consistent underperformance. There are also way too many egos careening around the locker room and that is the main reason for all the drama, including Bell leaving. He could have made a ton of money here and won super bowls, but would rather leave. Guy might be a head case, but there is a distinct lack of "team" in this team. The Bell situation is emblematic of that. As is Roethlisberger taking off the the majority of the 2nd half today when he was capable of playing.

We needed to win today and we needed Ben on the field to ensure it happened. He should have been back in a lot earlier, not coming in at the very end like a glory hound. Ridiculous.