Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire bozwell now

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he's like a golfer with the shanks. it's totally in his head. was it the money? who cares? a kicker that is overthinking every kick isn't a kicker at all. he's a liability.

4 million, 5 million - if you're going to hold your season hostage over that amount, you deserve to be home in january.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I saw Reed the other night at the William Penn Hotel.
    Lets say if he weighed 250lbs that would be generous.
    In that case, let's put him in at LB and line him up against their #1 WR!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bring in a few guys this week to see if any can make it work at Heinz. If you find one then stick Bos on IR and tell the NFL he "sprained his ankle" on the bad turf in Oakland. Make him use crutches at the next game. Give him the off season to see if he can get rid of the yips b/f losing the cap hit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Boz is #32 in FG %. Dead last. And he's missed the most XPs.

If any other kicker has been fired this year, Boz should be too.

He should never kick again. I can't find a kicker that bad in recent memory.

The only kickers I can come up with that were worse are Paul Hornung who was a HoF RB that missed 26 FGs in 1964. And Bob Timberlake who missed 14 FGs in a row in 1965.

Legend

User Info Menu

this is a classic example of why contracts in the nfl should not be guaranteed and teams are pretty stupid for giving out huge signing bonuses
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........lol, tomlin didnt even wait for the post season this year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    this is a classic example of why contracts in the nfl should not be guaranteed and teams are pretty stupid for giving out huge signing bonuses
    Boswell got his contract and went belly up! LMFAO!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Boswell got his contract and went belly up! LMFAO!!
    Lmao it’s absolutely insane how true this is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Bos would be a dead money cap hit of $4.8 M next season if he's cut. Add in the salary for a new kicker and you're talking over $5 M in the kicking position. That's tough with the numerous holes needed to be filled. On the other hand you've got a kicker who's a total liability when he comes on to kick. Just a terrible spot to be in.
    Ya It is a tough pill to swallow but he is really hurting the team, I think you have to consider it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With Boz on the squad next season, he has a cap hit of $4.2M. Cut him and sign a kicker for even a $1M cap hit will cost $5.8M. You don't hold your team hostage over $1.6M. You can't even say that you will bring in competition and make him prove himself at camp. He has a $2M roster bonus, and that is usually triggered either Mar. 1 or June 1. Decision to cut him loose should be made before the bonus takes effect.

Legend

User Info Menu

While we're at it, how about bringing in a punter also.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.