Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 7-8-1.....Here we come!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    7-8-1.....Here we come!!!!!!

    What a roller coaster of a finish.

    Ben comes back.

    We go up.

    Our D letís us down.

    Hook and lateral.

    Then the dumbest decision in the world. You cannot trust Boswell there. Heís not even got for an XP let alone a 40 yard FG.

    Oh well. What a stinker.

    Maybe someone one will get fired.

    Maybe they wonít.

    Maybe Itís back to the 1980s of Steelers football.

    We gotta live for exciting finishes but mediocre team overall.

    At least tix to games should be dirt cheap for the rest of our lifetimes.

    Woohoooo.

  2. #2
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    I have invested in Tums and Rolaids over the last decade to combat what we've seen from this team. Unfortunately we will never see change with our HC because of how this organization values stability over wins. The Steelers of the 90s remind me of this group, only that the strength of those teams was on the defensive side of the ball.

    Relevant, competitive with playoff appearances aplenty but not talented enough to advance to the big dance. This season we will wilt into the playoff bubble and be bounced out because of this team love of mediocrity. We do not have a coaching staff that prepares our team to compete. The one constant is that we play down to our competition, and that falls on Tomlin and his staff.

    On a side note, I am glad flippy you still sport the banner-art I created. Kudos bro.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    This loss is on the coaching staff. Playoffs on the line against a 2-10 team. What a disgrace.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    I have invested in Tums and Rolaids over the last decade to combat what we've seen from this team. Unfortunately we will never see change with our HC because of how this organization values stability over wins. The Steelers of the 90s remind me of this group, only that the strength of those teams was on the defensive side of the ball.

    Relevant, competitive with playoff appearances aplenty but not talented enough to advance to the big dance. This season we will wilt into the playoff bubble and be bounced out because of this team love of mediocrity. We do not have a coaching staff that prepares our team to compete. The one constant is that we play down to our competition, and that falls on Tomlin and his staff.

    On a side note, I am glad flippy you still sport the banner-art I created. Kudos bro.
    best banner art ever.

    Hope u r doing well.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I dont know if the deficiency is talent.. I think that's part of it.. I just don't see that nasty attitude that we used to have on defense.. maybe it's just kids these days.. maybe it's the news rules.. maybe it's all of the above.. idk

  6. #6
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I dont know if the deficiency is talent.. I think that's part of it.. I just don't see that nasty attitude that we used to have on defense.. maybe it's just kids these days.. maybe it's the news rules.. maybe it's all of the above.. idk
    I think as fans we have been spoiled for decades because regardless of what incarnation of the Pittsburgh Steelers you have been privileged to watch, the identity has always been a "punch you in the mouth and if you get up again, I will knock out what's left of your teeth" kind of defense. Aside from our front 3 big uglies, this D's talent pool is shallow and devoid of the nasty element which has been the hallmark of our great defensive teams of old.

  7. #7
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    I think as fans we have been spoiled for decades because regardless of what incarnation of the Pittsburgh Steelers you have been privileged to watch, the identity has always been a "punch you in the mouth and if you get up again, I will knock out what's left of your teeth" kind of defense. Aside from our front 3 big uglies, this D's talent pool is shallow and devoid of the nasty element which has been the hallmark of our great defensive teams of old.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I walked out of the room on the 4th down, i knew the Raiders would score.
    I then walked out of the room for the Boswell flop.
    Its all my fault guys, blame me!
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I walked out of the room on the 4th down, i knew the Raiders would score.
    I then walked out of the room for the Boswell flop.
    Its all my fault guys, blame me!
    you've watched them for many years pete.. just like I have.. you just get a 6th sense for that kind of stuff.. and it goes back to the chuck noll days for me

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I barely remember the 70's, but the Tomlin era is fresh in my mind.
    It needs to end i think.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •