Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We’ve got them (The league) right where....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We’ve got them (The league) right where....

...we want them!

Think ‘05....

I was going to post before the game yesterday that the Steelers need to be a 6th seed to make any splash in the playoffs this year... my reasoning is I feel this team is bloated mentally and lacks a humble determination.... well that 6th seed is right in front of us. We can still win the division but holy hell are these next two games coming at a perfect time for this team to show if they are losers or determined winners.....

{[glass half full]}

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They pretty much have to win out. I’d be more optimistic if they had a heartbeat.

Banned

User Info Menu

i think its #4 seed or nothing.
    i believe the titans have a pretty easy road to 10-6 to grab the #6 seed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rivers threw for 299 yards and Carr 322. Brady and Brees are watching tape hysterically laughing out loud at the LBs and secondary. They haven't been able to cover Gronk in years. Add in the humiliating loss the Pats just had and this game is terrifying.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Rivers threw for 299 yards and Carr 322. Brady and Brees are watching tape hysterically laughing out loud at the LBs and secondary. They haven't been able to cover Gronk in years. Add in the humiliating loss the Pats just had and this game is terrifying.
    Pats will be fired up and ready for this game. Steelers will come away with a bunch of excuses.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    ...we want them!

Think ‘05....

I was going to post before the game yesterday that the Steelers need to be a 6th seed to make any splash in the playoffs this year... my reasoning is I feel this team is bloated mentally and lacks a humble determination.... well that 6th seed is right in front of us. We can still win the division but holy hell are these next two games coming at a perfect time for this team to show if they are losers or determined winners.....

{[glass half full]}
    In '05 we could still come up with defensive stops. And could run the ball when we needed to. This year's version can't seem to do either of those things. So I don't look for a repeat of '05 success.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was thinking about going to this game if i thought we could win...I have no faith in this Defense or Tomlin so forget it...by the way people wanting crazy money for
    a ticket with this crap shoot is crazy......I just checked prices on ticket master...420 for one ticket...people are high.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is no #5 or #6 seed with this team and this record. Their only path to the playoffs is to win the division. The chargers own a wildcard (or it will be the chiefs) and since we lost to denver and countless others - we have no tie breakers in our favor.

if we make it, we get one playoff game at home. that's it.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    There is no #5 or #6 seed with this team and this record. Their only path to the playoffs is to win the division. The chargers own a wildcard (or it will be the chiefs) and since we lost to denver and countless others - we have no tie breakers in our favor.

if we make it, we get one playoff game at home. that's it.
    actually there is a scenario where we are #2 seed and get a by week but, we need the Pats to loose two I think....and more help but, of course we have to win out the last 3......
    Last edited by Sword; 12-10-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    actually there is a scenario where we are #3 seed and get a by week but, we need the Pats to loose two I think....and more help but, of course we have to win out the last 3......
    Since when does the #3 seed get a bye?