Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Gilbert & Run Game

  1. #1
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Gilbert & Run Game

    What are your thoughts on this....

    Feiler has done well replacing Gilbert, but the same time it seems as though our running game has disappeared. Could it be that Gilbert was that much better in the run game? Could the FO gearing towards the pass to cover up Feiler ?

    I am not a stat guy to look up things like this, so I have no proof, or is it just coincidence.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."



  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Its hard to have a run game when you don't actually run the ball IMO.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I think Conner has been banged up since he got his bell rung a few games ago. I that could be the reason they have gone to the air more because we have also seen Samuels more in tje passing game too.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Its hard to have a run game when you don't actually run the ball IMO.
    ^^^ x 1000

  5. #5
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Steeler George...I agree with the other posters...Just a coincidence, Conner not 100%, not making a commitment to the run game...Don't really think the Feiler thing is any factor imo

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I think Conner has been banged up since he got his bell rung a few games ago. I that could be the reason they have gone to the air more because we have also seen Samuels more in tje passing game too.
    he still had over 20 touches with short screens. so if he's banged up and people want us to run the ball more they better hope samuels is an adequate back up at the position

  7. #7
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Steeler George...I agree with the other posters...Just a coincidence, Conner not 100%, not making a commitment to the run game...Don't really think the Feiler thing is any factor imo

    I think it is also coincidence...

    But got my mind going when I was thinking about Gilberts's long term role on the team, and lack of rushing.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •