Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kelvin Benjamin - should we?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

the cupboard is pretty bare right now behind JuJu. Maybe a guy who's been around for a few years and is on his last chances will have the 'motivation' to get it done. He'd be cheap either way and not really a risk. Switzer has been terrific - but with him in the protocol what we have left are players who have been given opportunities - yet have all failed to capitalize on them.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Heck no! This dude looks like an offensive lineman. He probably would have been better off converting. We really should have kept Martavis Bryant if this is the best we can do...

Legend

User Info Menu

If he is healthy, I'd rather activate Eli Rogers. Benjamin gets no separation. If we were going to sign a former Bills WR, I'd rather it be Terrelle Pryor. And I don't want him, either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you dont sign benjamin at this point in the season for his ability to separate and run crisp routes. You sign him because he can win contested balls in the endzone and is a monstrous blocker

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you dont sign benjamin at this point in the season for his ability to separate and run crisp routes. You sign him because he can win contested balls in the endzone and is a monstrous blocker
    Yup....We already have a few guys that can create separation underneath.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

it would be a cheap experiment
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Heck no! This dude looks like an offensive lineman. He probably would have been better off converting. We really should have kept Martavis Bryant if this is the best we can do...
    By Josh Alper
    Dec 5, 2018, 3:14 PM EST
    Martavis Bryant lands on injured reserve, Raiders sign Bene Benwikere

The Raiders have played without wide receiver Martavis Bryant for the last three games and they won’t have him back for any of the four games left on their schedule

Bryant has been placed on injured reserve due to the knee injury that’s left him on the sideline. Bryant joined the Raiders in an offseason trade with the Steelers and got cut before the first week of the season before returning the next week.

He played in eight games and caught 19 passes for 266 yards. Bryant will be a free agent this offseason if he doesn’t re-sign with the Raiders ahead of the start of the 2019 league year.

The Raiders have also placed defensive end Shilique Calhoun on injured reserve. Calhoun had 12 tackles in seven games this season.

Oakland filled one of the open roster spots with running back C.J. Anderson and the other will be taken by cornerback Bene Benwikere. Benwikere was released by the Cardinals late last month.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info - I was wondering.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eli Rogers makes the most sense. Knows the system, team knows what he can provide, and really, prior to injury, was the Offenses version of Mike Hilton- the guy that over achieves.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

No x 2 ___