Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Artie burnt

Legend

User Info Menu

I really thought Davis would be a ballhawk at FS.
    Perhaps its just the way we use our deep guys because Mitchell only got worse as the years went by.
    Our safeties never seem to be around the ball???
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Perhaps its just the way we use our deep guys because Mitchell only got worse as the years went by.
    Chargers Derwin James is a rookie and leads the league in passes defensed. Watching him last night, he was a clear difference-maker for their defense.

Then look at a team like the Texans, with Justin Reid and Tyrann Mathieu in the backfield.... an embarassment of riches.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 12-03-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rewatching the 2 pt conversion, Burns went with the WR initially then couldnt recover.
    Edmunds manned up on the WR so one of them didnt know their assignment.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Davis was around the ball when he smashed into Haden and jarred it out of his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    hers how it goes down.
    steeler fans discuss potential first round picks
    no one mentions burns
    burns gets picked
    some fan express their displeasure of the pick
    'fans' that never mentioned burns all of a sudden support the pick and say it was BPA
    'fans' tell them to root for browns
    times goes by and burns sucks
    'fans' then say they never liked or supported the pick
    displeasured fans then makes statement about how they liked him but are now changing their mind and pretending like they didnt
    'fans' then say 'show me where lots of 'fans' said these exact words, "burns was a steal of the draft'
    displeasure fan knows they didnt say those exact words because he shamed those same 'fans' for uising that term every draft and have finally stopped using it
    'fans' think they won because those exact words werent found
    displeasured fans knows he won because they supported the pick with various other exact words
    so, you cant win or they cant lose because they have selective memories
    That's actually accurate. I can tell you in years past when I have been critical of picks I got much heat. I call it how I see it. Always hated the Burns pick. But, I will say this...I don't remember many people being happy with the pick. He was completely off the radar on this board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin is in full support of our defensive scheme. He made that quit clear when Butler was taking heat after our playoff loss to the jags. Tomlin said Butler is running the defense the way he wants it ran.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That's actually accurate. I can tell you in years past when I have been critical of picks I got much heat. I call it how I see it. Always hated the Burns pick. But, I will say this...I don't remember many people being happy with the pick. He was completely off the radar on this board.

I remember that but there were a couple of people who did tout the pick but most were disappointed but willing to give Tomlin an opportunity to coach him up.

Starter

User Info Menu

Why not just put Artie on IR and bring on someone who can help the team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I remember that but there were a couple of people who did tout the pick but most were disappointed but willing to give Tomlin an opportunity to coach him up.
    Are you talking about another forum? You weren’t here (perhaps you had another name)
    The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Burns in the first round with the 25th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 12-07-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    oh no, the literal card has been played, you got me.
    how about you use your search skills then and show me where no one supported the pick(as i stated in the above post)
    Did I say “no one” supported the pick?
    There is a big difference between “supporting the pick” which can mean “don’t write him off before he takes a snap” and calling him “a steal” which implies he should have been drafted earlier (like say Antonio Brown) and by some miracle fell to us.

I don’t recall the swell of people implying he was a steal (or the substance in different wording) but I am not the one making assertions.

Again, you wanna make baseless claims......prove it.