Thread: Artie burnt

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Burns & Davis..what a pair they are.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Burns & Davis..what a pair they are.
    The back to back plays when Davis almost killed Haden and Burns got beat by Antonio Gates pretty much sums up the top of the 2016 draft for the Steelers. It also shows why you should never reach for need in the draft.

I haven't given up on Davis, yet. I'm done with Burns. Best case scenario is you move him for another team's draft bust and hope that the change of scenery helps one of them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The back to back plays when Davis almost killed Haden and Burns got beat by Antonio Gates pretty much sums up the top of the 2016 draft for the Steelers. It also shows why you should never reach for need in the draft.

I haven't given up on Davis, yet. I'm done with Burns. Best case scenario is you move him for another team's draft bust and hope that the change of scenery helps one of them.
    It’s addition by subtraction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

dont even try it.
    at the time, both those guys were the BPA(according to the fans here) AND they just happened to be at a position of need. so the stars were aligned for the perfect draft scenario
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    dont even try it.
    at the time, both those guys were the BPA(according to the fans here) AND they just happened to be at a position of need. so the stars were aligned for the perfect draft scenario
    steals of the draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

dont even try it.

Legend

User Info Menu

steal of the draft
    I think you will struggle to find one single person on this board (other than yourself, of course), who ever referred to Artie Burns as a the steal of the draft. Yeah, corner was certainly a need heading into that draft, but most of that attention on this board regarding 1st round CB prospects was focused on possibility of drafting William Jackson III that year. When Cincy took him one spot ahead of us, the board consensus seemed to be that the F.O. reached to fill a need at that point rather than drafting the best available player. But keep spouting your catch phrases!
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    steals of the draft
    yup, no one heard of him. but after being drafted, all of a sudden he became a great pick. now that he blows, none of those 'fans' want to remember supporting this selection
    over paid janitor......

Legend

User Info Menu

yup, no one heard of him. but after being drafted, all of a sudden he became a great pick. now that he blows, none of those 'fans' want to remember supporting this selection
    This forum has a "search" function my friend. I use it frequently to call people out. Try looking for "Burns" and "Steal" under whoever you recall said it.
    Please share with the audience who called Burns a "steal".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This forum has a "search" function my friend. I use it frequently to call people out. Try looking for "Burns" and "Steal" under whoever you recall said it.
    Please share with the audience who called Burns a "steal".
    oh no, the literal card has been played, you got me.
    how about you use your search skills then and show me where no one supported the pick(as i stated in the above post)
    over paid janitor......