Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers can't win a SB with Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My Goodness some of you Ding Dongs don't look at the Big Picture.
    The Steelers haven't scored less than 20 pts. this entire season and average 29 points a game.

If anyone can't see that our DEFENSE is the problem doesn't understand.
    The other night BEN sat on the sideline most of the 2nd half - why?? B/c the Defense kept giving up 3rd down after 3rd down.

We also have a personnel problem on OFFENSE - We have TWO excellent WRs and beyond that we have multiple WRs who are just not that good and TWO average TEs - one who could be very good if he was consistent. Right now the only thing saving this team is the OLINE and BEN
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    My Goodness some of you Ding Dongs don't look at the Big Picture ... Right now the only thing saving this team is the OLINE and BEN
    I think the big picture is revealed by asking, "Saving this team from what?".

From losing to the Chargers? To Denver? From years of losing early in the playoffs? From having the highest QB turnover rate in the end zone in the NFL?

We're half a game ahead of the Ravens, and our schedule includes NO and NE**. What will Ben and the O line save us from in December?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers haven't scored less than 20 pts. this entire season and average 29 points a game.

The other night BEN sat on the sideline most of the 2nd half - why?? B/c the Defense kept giving up 3rd down after 3rd down.

We also have a personnel problem on OFFENSE - We have TWO excellent WRs and beyond that we have multiple WRs who are just not that good and TWO average TEs - one who could be very good if he was consistent. Right now the only thing saving this team is the OLINE and BEN
    Ben is a favorite whipping boy for some reason unless he plays a flawless game. Right now Ben is making up for glaring deficiencies on defense that on occasion cause his decision making to be poor because he feels like they have to score points on nearly every drive. Not to mention that he's thrown enough WTF passes over the years that I've come to accept that part of his game, there's nothing that can be done about it.

The biggest help to Ben right now would be to re-establish the running attack and get at least 20-25 carries for the RBs per game. Hell, look at SD in the past game, they netted 2 yards in the 1st half and then stayed with the running in the 2nd half and it was at least serviceable. The Chargers rushed the ball 22 times in total after netting 2 yards in the 1st half, the Steelers rushed the ball 17 times and had a back averaging 4 YPC. When Ben is in the 25-30 attempt range he is the most dangerous, the more he throws, the greater chance of pressure and forcing Ben into trying to make a play when one isn't available and the result in that situation is typically not good.

Regardless, the offense is not the problem, special teams and defense need to step up and make some plays.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben have more interception in the league other than ONE ROOKIE and more Redzone int in the league, and then came out and said he will continue to throw int. That's not being the whipping boy, that's being the truth!! And how is he covering up for the defense when over the last 6 games the defense have been ranked high in scoring defense but yet he continues to throw to the other team. Just like this thread says We can't win the big one no more with him, because once the playoffs start those turnovers will be magnified.
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 12-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ben is a favorite whipping boy for some reason unless he plays a flawless game. Right now Ben is making up for glaring deficiencies on defense that on occasion cause his decision making to be poor because he feels like they have to score points on nearly every drive. Not to mention that he's thrown enough WTF passes over the years that I've come to accept that part of his game, there's nothing that can be done about it.

The biggest help to Ben right now would be to re-establish the running attack and get at least 20-25 carries for the RBs per game. Hell, look at SD in the past game, they netted 2 yards in the 1st half and then stayed with the running in the 2nd half and it was at least serviceable. The Chargers rushed the ball 22 times in total after netting 2 yards in the 1st half, the Steelers rushed the ball 17 times and had a back averaging 4 YPC. When Ben is in the 25-30 attempt range he is the most dangerous, the more he throws, the greater chance of pressure and forcing Ben into trying to make a play when one isn't available and the result in that situation is typically not good.

Regardless, the offense is not the problem, special teams and defense need to step up and make some plays.

Pappy
    my one beef with the offense is the lack of play action and the fullback again disappeared from the run game for the most part. Conner seemed to be at his best with Nix out front.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, anyone with half a brain knows the D is definitely part of the problem.
    The D is giving up 29 ppg and cant get a takeaway to save its life.
    Ben has been part of the problem by turning over the ball in scoring position week after week.
    How is Ben saving the team by turning the ball over?
    We have a defensive minded HC that hasnt improved the defense so where do we go from here?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben (really) needs to retire. His play has never evolved and his insistence on continuing to play HIS game, which we all know is patented with inconsistencies; game killing turnovers; inaccurate passes; poor decisions, unmitigated arrogance; throwing coaches/players under the bus; self-entitlement and poor leadership! These, my friends, are the reasons this team self-destructs and can't ever seem to get out of its own way!

I commented a few times back on this board that Ben wouldn't win another super bowl after Hines Ward was mercilessly, run out of town. I am sticking to that prediction!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yes, anyone with half a brain knows the D is definitely part of the problem.
    The D is giving up 29 ppg and cant get a takeaway to save its life.
    Ben has been part of the problem by turning over the ball in scoring position week after week.
    How is Ben saving the team by turning the ball over?
    We have a defensive minded HC that hasnt improved the defense so where do we go from here?
    The defense is giving up 23.5 ppg. The defense has improved over the season even if some fans don't recognize it. There isn't a defense in the league that will live up to fan's expectations (shut down defense every week).

What teams can't survive are turnovers.

Legend

User Info Menu

The defense is giving up 23.5 ppg.
    My bad, i didnt hit update...
    Defense is still not up to par IMO.
    Until we start generating some takeaways they wont live up to my expectations
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    My bad, i didnt hit update...
    Defense is still not up to par IMO.
    Until we start generating some takeaways they wont live up to my expectations
    The thing about turnovers is they can't always be generated. There was a study conducted that stated that turnovers are statistically random events. That suggests that turnovers can't always be generated. It's one reason why turnovers can't be counted on being generated to win games consistently for teams. The lack of having more turnovers on defense is one reason the Jags are not as good a team this year. The random nature of turnovers prevents teams from counting on them to win games from week to week.

Now what can be counted on are players or offenses to take care of the football.

It's interesting that the Steelers have been good enough as a team to over come a -8 in turnover ratio and still have a winning record. People want to believe this team has coaching problems. I don't think that's the case. The main issue is turnovers.

Some one said that Ben has played good enough to make up for the defensive issues. Ben has turned the ball over more than just about any other player in the league. It seems that the team has been good enough to over come Ben's turnovers.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 12-04-2018 at 11:52 PM.