Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy Out in GB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Lynn out choached Tomlin starting at half time. Chargers made adjustments and Tomlin had no answer . How often have we seen that from Tomlin?
    More than that, I think that Whiz owned Butler. He simply put Allen in the slot, and it got him matched up with Dupree, Fort and Bostic in coverage all night long. It was unbelievable.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    More than that, I think that Whiz owned Butler. He simply put Allen in the slot, and it got him matched up with Dupree, Fort and Bostic in coverage all night long. It was unbelievable.
    I agree. But it all comes down to adjusting. Who's responsible for that adjustment in your opinion?

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. But it all comes down to adjusting. Who's responsible for that adjustment in your opinion?

gotta be the players. they should have made the changes themselves and went against the coaches
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the D-coordinator should have the primary responsibility here. But when it happens consistently, the HC and GM have to shoulder some of the blame for not firing and replacing the DC.

But, I also think that mid-season coaching changes pretty much end the season. Especially for our D, which seems to be populated with guys that aren't great at learning new stuff and / or communicating.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think the D-coordinator should have the primary responsibility here. But when it happens consistently, the HC and GM have to shoulder some of the blame for not firing and replacing the DC.

But, I also think that mid-season coaching changes pretty much end the season. Especially for our D, which seems to be populated with guys that aren't great at learning new stuff and / or communicating.
    ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner!!

Because it's been happening constantly over a 4-5 years period. We blamed Lebeau, got rid of him.
    We got rid of different defensive positional coaches over the 4-5 years period too.
    So with all that turnover, what has been the constant?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes you just pull your hair out.
    On a Charger drive in the second half they kept Chickillo,Ogbanyi and Alualu in on almost the whole drive while Cam,Tuitt and Watt stood on the sidelines.
    Why do we have to rest TJ Watt?
    Also in the Chargers last drive on 3rd and 5 why the f*ck was Bostic in?
    Bellichek said it years ago, the Steelers' refusal to take their LBers off the field is their downfall

Legend

User Info Menu

To get back to the topic>>>
    How crazy would it be to get Pittsburgh native, McCarthy here as a QB Coach or OC to work with our young QB's?
    I have no faith that the current coaching staff/Tomlin can get these guys on track.
    I honestly think that Ben might be playing his last season in the Burgh.
    That INT he threw last night was an abomination.
    The stadium cringed when he threw the TD to AB with 3 defenders near.
    For a team that cant get a takeaway for its life, Ben is just too wreckless and carefree with the ball.

Banned

User Info Menu

Sorry but I dont want McCarthy; he’s another Tomlin. We need someone fresh and not a coach who can’t hire or fire his own staff.

Legend

User Info Menu

McCarthy had 2 years of Farve and 11 of Rodgers and 1 SB win (and even that win was more on the Steelers losing it with having 3 turnovers including a pick 6 and the Mendenhall fumble). Otherwise McCathy is nothing but a tired re-tread who's consistently failed in the playoffs. No thanks. We've just lived a decade of that.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere, but when he does, I hope the Steelers look for a young, new to head coaching guy who's hungry, not some other teams cast off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    McCarthy had 2 years of Farve and 11 of Rodgers and 1 SB win (and even that win was more on the Steelers losing it with having 3 turnovers including a pick 6 and the Mendenhall fumble). Otherwise McCathy is nothing but a tired re-tread who's consistently failed in the playoffs. No thanks. We've just lived a decade of that.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere, but when he does, I hope the Steelers look for a young, new to head coaching guy who's hungry, not some other teams cast off.
    I agree that Tomlin isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I agree that's what they do when they replace him.

I know that they only have 3 coaches in my lifetime, but this seems to be their MO. Get someone young and hungry that can coach the team for the next 20 years or so.