Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: James washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A wise coach once said there are 3 things that can happen on a pass play, and 2 of them are bad.
    I always thought that was an odd statement. Don't those same 3 things apply to a run play?

1. A run for a good gain (Good, like a completed pass)
    2. A run stuffed for little-to-no gain (Bad, like an incomplete pass)
    3. A fumble (Very Bad, like an interception)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

An elite QB that slings it will have a lot go your way and some will not......happens to all the great QB's......no Elite QB escapes throwing Interceptions....
    Actually, I hate the stat of interceptions...tipped balls should not be on the QB...we should have a new stat like baseball! Errors!!! Example: if the ball was catchable but, they tip it or deflect it to opposing
    team that should be ruled an error on the player that should not be an interception....just saying....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A wise coach once said there are 3 things that can happen on a pass play, and 2 of them are bad. Given those odds, it is amazing QBs do what they do for a win.
    Didn't Woody Hayes say that over 50 years ago?

Back in the 60's, if a QB completed over 50% of his passes and had more TD's than INT's, he was an All Star.

It's a whole new world now where you have multiple players with over 70% completion percentage, averaging over 300 passing yards per game, and throwing 3-4 times as many TD's as INT's.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Back in the 60's, if a QB completed over 50% of his passes and had more TD's than INT's, he was an All Star.

It's a whole new world now where you have multiple players with over 70% completion percentage, averaging over 300 passing yards per game, and throwing 3-4 times as many TD's as INT's.

Yeah, with all the rule changes, a lot of those old sayings go out the window now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah, with all the rule changes, a lot of those old sayings go out the window now.
    And all these new passing and receiving records being set really are instead like comparing apples to oranges, IMO.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

inflation seems to have hit everywhere

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I always thought that was an odd statement. Don't those same 3 things apply to a run play?

1. A run for a good gain (Good, like a completed pass)
    2. A run stuffed for little-to-no gain (Bad, like an incomplete pass)
    3. A fumble (Very Bad, like an interception)
    When i was coaching, i thought the same thing.
    So many things could go wrong on a pass play that it was safer to run.
    Especially from the direct snap...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

James Washington said Ben Roethlisberger sought him out during a receivers meeting last week and told him he's still confident in him. Washington has had a tough rookie year but will be part of the game plan Sunday at Oakland.

1d
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He then threatened to kill Washington if he left his feet for any reason.