Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Of course Ben is right about Washington, but he didn't exactly take responsibility for that last play. "I'm a quarterback who's going to sling it." Um, yeah, Ben, but you have to be smarter in situations like that. You can't just sling sh** and hope it turns out well.
    Sure he can say that, Ben makes so many amazing throws because he has that mentality. He is always going to try and make plays that is who he is, unfortunately it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Sure he can say that, Ben makes so many amazing throws because he has that mentality. He is always going to try and make plays that is who he is, unfortunately it doesn't work 100% of the time.
    Cost us the game in this situation. Look, he can be a slinger, he just needs to play a little smarter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is Ben at this point. even though I hated losing the game, I tried to enjoy the final drive. he is a fun QB to watch. Maybe one of the lastwe will see of his ilk

I will miss him when he is gone, win or lose

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Cost us the game in this situation. Look, he can be a slinger, he just needs to play a little smarter.
    A lot of things cost us that game, Ben always plays right on the edge and that's why we were even in that game after 3 turnovers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Yeah - he looked totally awkward diving for a ball that hit him right in the hands. All he had to do was run through it.. I shocked too, since his hands and catching the ball seemed to be his strength. Hope this is not Limas Sweed II.
    i thought the same thing...if he just keeps running in his stride the ball is right there......that was a wide receiver playing bad...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    A lot of things cost us that game, Ben always plays right on the edge and that's why we were even in that game after 3 turnovers.
    That's true. Unfortunately, it was a game that came down to the end. To borrow a Tomlinism, you have to play 60 minutes of good football. For a few seconds, Ben didn't and it cost us a chance to tie it up at the end of regulation. Look, I'm very happy that we have him as our QB, and I, too, will miss him when he's gone. I just want him to be smarter in situations like that.

Yes, "a lot of things cost us that game." There were several missed opportunities that could've been big difference-makers for us. And I understand that all players are going to make mistakes. But often, it's decisions in critical moments that separates champions from runners-up. I'd sure like to see us be champions. We have the talent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Look - Ben can do what he wants, but daggitt, he has to know he can't keep turning the ball over like this! If he doesn't understand that then he is a straight up, fool that needs to retire! They're not going to win turning the ball over at this rate, and when they play the better teams those turnovers are going to be magnified because you already know Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers etc., they are going to make you pay for each one of them! And he doesn't have that kind of defense that can protect his mistakes!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger: Calling people out is part of being a captain

Posted by Josh Alper on November 28, 2018, 12:41 PM EST

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger made a radio appearance on Tuesday that included criticism of wide receiver James Washington for his unsuccessful attempt to catch a pass in the second half of last Sunday’s loss to the Broncos.

That’s not a particularly new thing for Roethlisberger and the radio appearance on Tuesday also included notes for wide receiver Antonio Brown and offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner. On Wednesday, Roethlisberger was asked about those comments.

He said he’s “earned the right to be able to do that with as long as I have been here” and said that he believes it’s part of the responsibility of a team captain to let teammates know if they are falling short. Roethlisberger added that his teammates would have to say for themselves whether they have a problem with that approach.

“I would hope that they would understand that as the quarterback and the captain that I have the right to do those things,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I don’t feel like I abuse that situation. So I don’t think it’s an issue, but you would have to ask them.”

Veterans and captains are expected to set the tone for their teams, although if there is an issue with Roethlisberger’s critiques it would likely be with airing them in a public space rather than one reserved for members of the team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/ben-roethlisberger-calling-people-out-is-part-of-being-a-captain/
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Ben is Ben at this point. even though I hated losing the game, I tried to enjoy the final drive. he is a fun QB to watch. Maybe one of the lastwe will see of his ilk

I will miss him when he is gone, win or lose
    No lies told, I started using this theory with Ben many years ago and I'm glad I did, he is exciting, sometimes positive exciting and other times negative exciting, but almost always exciting. It's fun watching games in which Ben plays.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Look - Ben can do what he wants, but daggitt, he has to know he can't keep turning the ball over like this! If he doesn't understand that then he is a straight up, fool that needs to retire! They're not going to win turning the ball over at this rate, and when they play the better teams those turnovers are going to be magnified because you already know Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers etc., they are going to make you pay for each one of them! And he doesn't have that kind of defense that can protect his mistakes!
    A wise coach once said there are 3 things that can happen on a pass play, and 2 of them are bad. Given those odds, it is amazing QBs do what they do for a win.