Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #4 Seed or Bust

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I am getting nervous that the Ravens sneaking up, and take at AFCN from us.
    Our remaining schedule is tough:
    vs. Chargers
    at Raiders
    vs. Patriots
    at Saints
    vs. Bengals

So is Baltimore's:
    at Falcons
    at Chiefs
    vs. Buccaneers
    at Chargers
    vs. Browns

I can't imagine the Ravens going into K.C. or L.A. and having Lamar Jackson or Joe Flacco outdueling Pat Mahomes and Philip Rivers, so I'd say the best record Baltimore could have would be 9-7 (since they currently 6-5 and simply are not beating the Chiefs or Chargers on the road). If the Ravens beat the Falcons, Bucs, and Browns to finish with a 9-7 record, we'd still win the AFC North even if we went 2-3 down the stretch.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    FIXED THAT so you could save our season.

Flippy, you let us down today....failing to start a negative thread when we were clearly behind.
    It was irresponsible not to use your proven uncanny George Costanza like powers to make the opposite of your reaction come true.
    I did start the thread. Problem was after Juju scored, he gave me hope and the football gods could sense my overall lack of sincerity. I actually thought we should have won yesterday and thought we'd tie it up in the end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    vs. Chargers
    at Raiders
    vs. Patriots
    at Saints
    vs. Bengals

So is Baltimore's:
    at Falcons
    at Chiefs
    vs. Buccaneers
    at Chargers
    vs. Browns

I can't imagine the Ravens going into K.C. or L.A. and having Lamar Jackson or Joe Flacco outdueling Pat Mahomes and Philip Rivers, so I'd say the best record Baltimore could have would be 9-7 (since they currently 6-5 and simply are not beating the Chiefs or Chargers on the road). If the Ravens beat the Falcons, Bucs, and Browns to finish with a 9-7 record, we'd still win the AFC North even if we went 2-3 down the stretch.
    I'm not counting out the Browns.

They've got:

Houston
    Carolina
    Denver
    Cincy
    Balt

They're 3 games back, and it won't be easy, but I could see them hanging with every one of those teams and if they get a couple good bounces, they could run the table.

Backup

User Info Menu

vs. Chargers
    at Raiders
    vs. Patriots
    at Saints
    vs. Bengals

So is Baltimore's:
    at Falcons
    at Chiefs
    vs. Buccaneers
    at Chargers
    vs. Browns

There's a not so outside chance they lose to the Browns and Falcons as well. They're not a very good team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

vs. Chargers
    at Raiders
    vs. Patriots
    at Saints
    vs. Bengals

So is Baltimore's:
    at Falcons
    at Chiefs
    vs. Buccaneers
    at Chargers
    vs. Browns

Speaking of Baltimore, they beat the Broncos 27-14. Now I'm even more annoyed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Which would have been about the score for PIT-DEN had the Steelers not left points on the field due to their gaffs...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Denver did beat the Chargers the week before they beat the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The stupid tie and the loss to the Broncos hurt and could really come back to haunt the Steelers. If they had won those two and were sitting art 9-2 they'd almost be guaranteed a playoff spot.

To me, this game coming up against the Chargers is the possible key to the season. Losing to the 2-9 Raiders would be ridiculous. It just can't happen. Same can be said for the now Jeff Driskle (making his first ever start this week) led Bungles. And that last game may be a win and in situation for the Steelers.

Don't see anyway Brees doesn't throw for 4 or 5 TD's against this D. And if Gronk plays, the Pats win. The chargers are 8-3 but still seem beatable. With that said; Rivers is playing lights out. 26 TDs to 6 INTs. It's going to take a Panthers-like performance to get the W.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The stupid tie and the loss to the Broncos hurt and could really come back to haunt the Steelers. If they had won those two and were sitting art 9-2 they'd almost be guaranteed a playoff spot.
    In those two games, we had 10 giveaways and 1 takeaway. With a two game turnover differential of MINUS NINE, we should have been blown off the face of the planet in those two games, but one went to overtime and the other one was 3 yards away from also going into overtime. It just goes to show that we can be a dominant team AS LONG AS WE DON'T CONTINUE TO HEMMORHAGE TURNOVERS. That's the difference. Plain and simple.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.