Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what we should be thankful for?

Banned

User Info Menu

You know what we should be thankful for?

That we are flying under the radar; just doing our thing and by the time the regular season ends, we will be at or near the top of the heap. Let the Chiefs and Rams get all the praise right now. We only care about the end game. We want to be number one at the end of this year’s Super Bowl in Atlanta.

Legend

User Info Menu

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They are not going to continue flying under the radar for long if they keep winning. Which is what I expect, as they have me turned up, right now! However, this is a seasoned team, led by a veteran QB. They have experienced a lot of adversity and I believe they will know how to handle whatever comes their way.

What I am thankful for is they seemed to have finally figured out the heart of a champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=williar;744288]They are not going to continue flying under the radar for long if they keep winning. Which is what I expect, as they have me turned up, right now! However, this is a seasoned team, led by a veteran QB. They have experienced a lot of adversity and I believe they will know how to handle whatever comes their way.

What I am thankful for is they seemed to have finally figured out the heart of a champion![/QUOTE]

That's why I think the JAGS win was such a great win for the team. Not necessarily because we played particularly well... but because we didn't quit, and found a way to pull it out in the end. It was a pivotal win for this team... and I'm thankful it appears we will be in the mix again this year for a 7th Lombardi!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That's why I think the JAGS win was such a great win for the team. Not necessarily because we played particularly well... but because we didn't quit, and found a way to pull it out in the end. It was a pivotal win for this team... and I'm thankful it appears we will be in the mix again this year for a 7th Lombardi!
    Yeah, as fans, it would be great to see games like we had against Carolina on a regular basis. But games like that don't get you playoff tested (and it seems like the Saints, Rams, and Chiefs are playing games like this on a regular basis, like New England was doing when they had their undefeated [regular] season). When everything is going right for these teams seemingly every week, what happens when they face adversity (like when NE faced the Giants D in the SB that year)? What do you do when someone punches you in the mouth? It's good every so often to have one of these "punch in the mouth" games like we just had with the Jaguars where we had to respond and show some moxie that will only help us as we go forward toward the playoffs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was only a year or two ago I knew that if the Steelers fell behind early, that was all she wrote. So nice to see that's started changing more recently.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I am thankful that i don't have to read feltdizz and slapsticks posts any more..LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I am thankful that i don't have to read feltdizz and slapsticks posts any more..LOL
    I have noticed a significant uptick in activity... from several of our long term members since those guys have moved on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I have noticed a significant uptick in activity... from several of our long term members since those guys have moved on.
    Moved on? They were banned. And only one person knows why. I don't understand celebrating a situation were a couple of long-time members were just suddenly banned with no justification regarding what part of the Code of Conduct was broken. But that's just me, apparently.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Moved on? They were banned. And only one person knows why. I don't understand celebrating a situation were a couple of long-time members were just suddenly banned with no justification regarding what part of the Code of Conduct was broken. But that's just me, apparently.
    What's your educated guess for why they were banned? I basically liked them, and didn't see what the problem was other than they posted A LOT.