Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: MNTB (This ain't football anymore)

Starter

User Info Menu

OT: MNTB (This ain't football anymore)

Watching tonight's game on Monday..

This isn't football anymore guys. This is Tecmo Bowl.

I propose that we rename the product as such...example it's not MNF it's now MNTB.

I know I am old school but I miss football.

brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Me too

But this is exactly what the NFL wants

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post

I propose that we rename the product as such...example it's not MNF it's now MNTB.

brothervad
    We are only a half game away from the top seed now! Honestly I was hoping for OT.

Legend

User Info Menu

brothervad
    I agree X2

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

brothervad
    The tens of thousands of fans at the Coliseum would disagree.

This is what the next generation of fans wants. Non stop action. The NFL is simply responding to the demand signal of their customers

Legend

User Info Menu

My son played defense in lacrosse. The San Antonio Spurs won championships with defense. The Steel Curtain made us who we were, and Troy P, Big Snack, Diesel and all those other defensive superstars got us our 5th SB too. Derek Jeter is way closer to my heart than A-Rod.

I love defense, in every sport. I'm really sad about what the NFL has turned into.

If we don't win the SB this year, I hope it's because the Bears did. They've got a great defense. That would really p*ss the NFL off!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

As the great one said "My dirty socks are faster than your dirty feet."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The tens of thousands of fans at the Coliseum would disagree.

This is what the next generation of fans wants. Non stop action. The NFL is simply responding to the demand signal of their customers
    The tens of thousands of fans at the Coliseum would be wrong

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

We inch closer and closer to NBA scores every week.

It's annoying.

Seems like every game comes down to the wire. You can be down 2 TDs with a few minutes left and still have a reasonable shot at winning.

Why bother watching most games? You can watch the final minutes which is where most games will get decided.

We took the violence and hitting out of the game. I guess that's good. But it's kinda like taking punching out of boxing. That's the sport.

Oh well. We can hang on and watch our team, but to me, I don't even care about most other games.

Had no interest in KC vs LAR. Seems like a snoozefest to me.

Non Steelers games feel like a complete waste of time.

I think the only people that watch like fantasy football.

Even watching college football is a chore. How many times can I watch someone like Alabama blow out scrubs or even good teams. Most good teams don't play anyone.

Sports in general feel like they are in a rut these days.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow... just got done watching this one on replay... a mixed bag for sure... but it appears to me that both teams are beatable at this point.