Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo as an Announcer

Legend

User Info Menu

Tony Romo as an Announcer

Curious what you guys think of Tony Romo announcing games vs others?

Even though a lot of yesterday's game was painful to watch as times, I noticed several times just how good Romo is.

I feel like he's gotta turn into a coach.

He's got a unique enthusiasm. He notices a lot of stuff most other announcers don't. And he just seems to be on top of the game in ways that others just aren't.

I felt like I would think something, then he would say it. Or he would start talking about things I was thinking about. It was like he had some ESP into my mind at times yesterday.

Overall I like him a lot and look forward to having him do more of our games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Completely agree. He's great. One of my favorites. He's perfect for the role.

Legend

User Info Menu

Romo is among the best. Great analysis

Backup

User Info Menu

His former teammate Jason Witten on the other hand..........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hes excellent....he will be on primetime before long

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree that Romo is good! Totally refreshing to listen to. I think he and Aikman and Collinsworth are my favs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wondered initially why they gave a newbie top spot with nance right out of the gate. Now I know. He’s been terrific. Great knowledge, analysis and humor. He’d be fun to watch a game with on the couch - and it shows through his broadcast. Really enjoy him. Glad he’s on CBS and not FOX!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I agree that Romo is good! Totally refreshing to listen to. I think he and Aikman and Collinsworth are my favs.
    Aikman is fine, but collinsworth is atrocious

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Completely agree. He's great. One of my favorites. He's perfect for the role.
    i agree. I love him in the booth. He's been a real plus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He pointed put the last 3 and out for jax and how easily they could of made that 1st down. He shows how good he is!