Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets

Backup

User Info Menu

Jets

Tampered with Bell? What are the repercussions?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Tampered with Bell? What are the repercussions?
    Repercussions? Itís like Kanye West becoming a Kardashian. Two absolutely soulless entities want to co-habitate in sin, we should reward them for staying away from decent Americans.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Any reports of this? Sounds like pure speculation from a quick Google search.

I also bet that the league would be reluctant to admit to shady dealings without clear proof.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Repercussions? It’s like Kanye West becoming a Kardashian. Two absolutely soulless entities want to co-habitate in sin, we should reward them for staying away from decent Americans.
    ??? WTF

This doesn't seem to be relevant at all.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    ??? WTF

This doesn't seem to be relevant at all.
    Highly relevant. Highly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't see much about the tampering but it wouldn't surprise me, Florio is reporting that the Jets are going to go after Bell in Free Agency.

Backup

User Info Menu

Sorry...I'm at work, my brother text me...I usually don't talk in rumors...Just can't get on my phone much and wondering if anyone heard this

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They talked about it briefly on the FAN today. No real details. Stated it may have been a wink wink deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

They can have him...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, odds are available for Le’Veon Bell’s next contract
    By Mike Florio | Nov 16, 2018, 6:38 PM EST

Prop bets are available for just about anything that can be imagined. In football, odds have been set regarding the next contract to be signed by running back Le'Veon Bell.

According to Bovada.lv, the money line for a contract over four years is -165 (bet $165 to win $100), and for a contract under four years is +125 (bet $100 to win $125).

Take the under (but bet responsibly). Le’Veon Bell will have the leverage to demand a contract that lasts only as long as the full guarantee, similar to the three-year contract signed by quarterback Kirk Cousins in March.

The over/under for the contract has been pegged at $64.5 million. Again, take the under; Bell should be able to negotiate a three-year, fully-guaranteed deal in the range of $54 million to $60 million.

With the Jets expected to be interested in Bell, and given that the Jets were willing to give Cousins a three-year, fully-guaranteed deal, a three-year fully-guaranteed deal for Bell could be coming.

And before anyone scoffs at the idea of paying Bell $18 million or more per year on a short-term deal, consider this: Blake Bortles is making $19 million per year, and Case Keenum is making $18 million annually.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope