User Info Menu

Conner

Any word if he practiced today

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, he's cleared and feels fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

FWIW, I read he practiced, but not fully, i.e., still in protocol.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

By Charean Williams
    November 14, 2018, 5:33 PM EST
    James Conner has full practice Wednesday

The Steelers know for certain they won’t have Le'Veon Bell on Sunday or any Sunday this season. It appears they will have James Conner, though.

The running back was a full participant in practice Wednesday as he works his way out of concussion protocol.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has expressed optimism Conner will clear protocol before Sunday.

Conner exited in the third quarter of Thursday’s game against the Panthers after rushing for 65 yards and a touchdown.

The team’s feature back ranks second to Todd Gurley in yards from scrimmage with 1,158.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Conner will keep “doing the same thing”

Posted by Josh Alper on November 15, 2018, 7:16 AM EST

Steelers running back James Conner has been in the concussion protocol since last Thursday’s win over the Panthers, but the feeling is that he’ll be cleared in time to play this weekend and his full practice on Wednesday is a sign that things are headed in that direction.

That should mean that the head injury will cause no change to Conner’s role in the Steelers offense. The running back feels the same way about this week’s confirmation that he won’t be sharing the backfield with Le'Veon Bell after Bell opted not to report to the team before Tuesday’s deadline.

“What’s there to change?” Conner said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Nothing changes. We’re in Week 11. I’m doing the same thing I’ve been doing for all of these weeks. I don’t really pay attention to it. I always go by the motto of control what you can control. I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing.”

One can play the “what if” game about how things would have played out with Bell had Conner fallen flat in the lead role this season, but the real world never offered much chance to wring hands about the second-year player’s production. He’s picked up 1,158 yards from scrimmage and scored 11 touchdowns through the first nine games, which leaves the Steelers with no reason to pine for Bell before or after his decision to sit out the entire year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/15/james-conner-will-keep-doing-the-same-thing/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest negative in this is you go from Bell to Connor, now you go from Connor to Ridley/ Samuels.

The depth changes. I still think they should kick the tires on Anderson and/ or Charles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The biggest negative in this is you go from Bell to Connor, now you go from Connor to Ridley/ Samuels.

The depth changes. I still think they should kick the tires on Anderson and/ or Charles.
    110% agree. I hope, maybe they already are. What is the possible downside, it'd be almost criminal neglIgence not to check RBs like that out if/when they become available.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Samuels is going to be just fine as the #2 behind Connor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think Samuels is going to be just fine as the #2 behind Connor.
    What do you know about his picking up the blitz?

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ben Roethlisberger said on his weekly radio show that his son has asked for a James Conner jersey for Christmas. Santa might have access to one of those.

3h