Thread: It's Jacksonville Jagoffs Week!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's Jacksonville Jagoffs Week!

Wednesday, Nov 14, 2018 04:00 PM

Week 11 Injury Report (Jaguars)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

James Conner was on the field on Wednesday after being in the concussion protocol since he suffered a concussion against the Panthers. Coach Mike Tomlin said during his weekly press conference that ‘physical labor’ was the next step in getting out of the protocol, and Conner was a full participant in practice.

“I felt good. I felt like me again,” said Conner. “Back to normal. When it first happened, it was a dizzy feeling. But today I had a good day at practice. I feel like me again. I am good. I am happy.”

Ben Roethlisberger, who didn't practice on Wednesday as normal, likes what he has been seeing from the second-year running back, who just keeps getting the job done.

“He does it every week,” said Roethlisberger. “He’s putting it on tape he keeps getting better. I think we know what he can do running the ball, but to me I think he’s getting better and better at pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield. You saw potential, but you just didn’t know what until he got on the field more.”

Stephon Tuitt didn’t practice on Wednesday, hampered by an elbow injury that Tomlin said could limit him at the start of the week.

Marcus Gilbert also didn’t practice. Gilbert has missed the last three games with a knee injury, and with him out Matt Feiler has stepped in and held things down at right tackle.

Below is the full practice report.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 11

Wednesday, 11/14
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coaches Decision) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Concussion) - Full
    OT Marcus Gilbert (Knee) - DNP
    DE Stephon Tuitt (Elbow) - DNP

Jacksonville Jaguars Participation/Injury Report, Week 11

Wednesday, 11/14
    No. 39 S Tashaun Gipson (Wrist) - Full
    No. 50 LB Telvin Smith (Shoulder) - Full
    No. 21 CB A.J. Bouye (Calf) - Limited
    No. 55 LB Lerentee McCray (Hamstring) - Limited
    No. 75 OL Ereck Flowers (Knee) - Limited
    No. 99 DT Marcell Dareus (Triceps) - Limited
    No. 43 CB Quenton Meeks (Knee) - DNP
    No. 54 DT Eli Ankou (Calf) - DNP
    No. 73 OL Josh Walker (Foot/Ankle) - DNP

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-11-injury-report-jaguars
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Gilbert holding himself out of practice to limit contact, to increase his negotiating power for next season's contract negotiations?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Is Gilbert holding himself out of practice to limit contact, to increase his negotiating power for next season's contract negotiations?
    lol this is funny... er, wait, my tin foil hat is signaling to me this could be plausible.

Why isn’t anyone talking more about this?!? Hahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope the team feels the way I feel about this weekends game.

We owe these muthas!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    I hope the team feels the way I feel about this weekends game.

We owe these muthas!!!!
    I feel like we are going to play stronge and make this a no doubter by the middle of the fourth quarter.

Hold then to 17 points or fewer and I like our chances of winning.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to punish the Jags, I hope Ben drops 3 TD's on Ramsey.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is one of the top teams I hate to see play the Steelers. It feels like they've got our number for some reason. Even if we're the better team, I feel like they're going to find a way to beat us.

Vegas sees this game around 26-20 or 26-21 with a Steelers victory.

After being off 10 days, I feel like we'll come out slow and get behind and it could be tough playing catchup on the road against a good D. Despite the Jags record, I think this game is a good benchmark to see where we are.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes we owe Jackoffs big time......we need to play focused with execution ...... just like Carolina..aggressive...no laid back crap....
    you have to mix it up and not be predictable ....We need to spread the ball around not forcing to one player like Brown........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Yes we owe Jackoffs big time......we need to play focused with execution ...... just like Carolina..aggressive...no laid back crap....
    you have to mix it up and not be predictable ....We need to spread the ball around not forcing to one player like Brown........
    Yeah, use our last game against the Panthers as our template for all of the remaining big cat games. Play the same way this week against the Jaguars as we did against the Panthers. Start strong and don't let up. Do the same thing against the big cat Bengals in the season finale too. And, in between those games, on 12/16/18 we also need to beat up on those big cats from New England, the Cheetahs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, use our last game against the Panthers as our template for all of the remaining big cat games. Play the same way this week against the Jaguars as we did against the Panthers. Start strong and don't let up. Do the same thing against the big cat Bengals in the season finale too. And, in between those games, on 12/16/18 we also need to beat up on those big cats from New England, the Cheetahs.
    I was wondering how you were going to tie it all together ... well done! (Purrfectly, actually!)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!