Thread: Haley or Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley or Bell

The Steelers offense has performed this year the way many of us expected it to perform in previous years. When the Steelers had the full compliment of "Killer Bs" everybody expected 30 points per game. Injuries and suspensions limited the time that group spent together, but with most of that group last year, the Steelers still weren't as effective on offense.

The Steelers have finished drives this year better than I remember. I think part of that is James Conner - I think he's a better short yardage back than Bell, and I don't think it's close. I also think that Fichtner is a big upgrade over Haley. Haley would move the ball between the 20s, but seemed to always waste plays in the redzone with foolish calls. You don't seem to see that with Fichtner.

I wondered what others thing - do you think the offense is better because of Conner replacing Bell? Fichtner replacing Haley? Or is it something else?

Legend

User Info Menu

im sure its a combination of many things. i like the play calling of fichtner and running style of connor. i just feel like we are back to a physical offense not the finesse one we had with bell and haley. who knows tho.
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fitner, I tried to tell some of you and Crash have been trying to tell you that Haley wasn't that good. Anytime the only time the offense moved under Haleyis when Ben was in the no huddle offense.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Once a middling red-zone offense hovering around a 50-percent success rate, the Steelers lead the league at 78.57 percent. Ben Roethlisberger said after Thursday's win that he and OC Randy Fichtner are working well together. That collaboration is translating inside the 20.

1d
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Once a middling red-zone offense hovering around a 50-percent success rate, the Steelers lead the league at 78.57 percent. Ben Roethlisberger said after Thursday's win that he and OC Randy Fichtner are working well together. That collaboration is translating inside the 20.

1d
    Consider me a believer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that Haley was good at creating the system but was not very good at in-game management and situational play calling.