Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Who don't think the owners will Kappernik Bell?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Who don't think the owners will Kappernik Bell?

    I do. I made a statement earlier this year and then started to back track. But the more I think about it, the owners will take a stand and make an example of Bell, because they don't want others to follow.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Assuming that to be "Kaepernicked" means to be conspiracy blackballed in some way - which I don't think happened to Kaepernick AT ALL - I disagree with you and don't think the NFL owners will Kaepernick Bell.

    Unfortunately, when Bell doesn't get the contract he believes he's going to get, many conspiracy-minded observers will conclude, with zero evidence, that he got Kapernicked, rather than that he just played his cards like the wanna-be rap star fool that he actually is.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I do. I made a statement earlier this year and then started to back track. But the more I think about it, the owners will take a stand and make an example of Bell, because they don't want others to follow.
    I hope not. They are each unique circumstances. LB is also one of the best players in the entire league. He makes a decision to take a year off it's his decision. The only thing I believe will come out of this is a sharpening of the rules if this happens in the future regarding league eligibility, team rights and % of salary for future franchise tag if even a third franchise tag can still be implemented in similar cases going forward.
    For all of us who bleed the B & G I do not want to see LB in another uniform without us getting some compensation.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It just take one owner to break ranks and sign Bell. But it would be in the owner's best interest to take a stand and not to let players see the league cave like this.

    It would benefit them all for the long haul. However some team will think Bell can help them more in the short term.

    Then again, some teams may see Bell for what he is. Good but not great. They'll look at the scoring tears the Steelers have gone on without Bell when Williams and Conner were the feature backs.

    This is a QB league. A passing league. QBs and Olines make RBs, not vice versa. The only argument for Bell is he's pretty good at picking up the blitz and helping protect his QB as an outlet. But does that make a 2-3x difference vs an average/typical RB? I don't think so and why I don't think smart teams pay him.

    Watch, the Patriots will sign him

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Assuming that to be "Kaepernicked" means to be conspiracy blackballed in some way - which I don't think happened to Kaepernick AT ALL - I disagree with you and don't think the NFL owners will Kaepernick Bell.

    Unfortunately, when Bell doesn't get the contract he believes he's going to get, many conspiracy-minded observers will conclude, with zero evidence, that he got Kapernicked, rather than that he just played his cards like the wanna-be rap star fool that he actually is.
    Remember, I said over two months ago that Bell’s not going to get the contract he thinks he’s going to get.

    1. How do you think these idiotic moves looks to a perspective team? At a stripper club? Lying to his O-linemen?

    2. He has a ton of touches for his age already.

    3. He’s only finished one season healthy.

    4. He’s one puff puff away from being suspended for a year.

    Why would anyone in their right mind give him a Gurly contract now?

    He’ll get a 9-10mil a year contract max.

  6. #6
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I’m just looking forward to that day in the future when Bell, like so many other athletes before him, has to file for bankruptcy.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It just take one owner to break ranks and sign Bell. But it would be in the owner's best interest to take a stand and not to let players see the league cave like this.

    It would benefit them all for the long haul. However some team will think Bell can help them more in the short term.

    Then again, some teams may see Bell for what he is. Good but not great. They'll look at the scoring tears the Steelers have gone on without Bell when Williams and Conner were the feature backs.

    This is a QB league. A passing league. QBs and Olines make RBs, not vice versa. The only argument for Bell is he's pretty good at picking up the blitz and helping protect his QB as an outlet. But does that make a 2-3x difference vs an average/typical RB? I don't think so and why I don't think smart teams pay him.

    Watch, the Patriots will sign him
    They’ll try. Because that’s what they do. But he will go with the biggest dollar amount. Because he’s going to try and save face when he doesn’t get nearly the Gurly contract offer.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’m just looking forward to that day in the future when Bell, like so many other athletes before him, has to file for bankruptcy.

    Yeah.. he’s already giving money away to stripper hoes.

  9. #9
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Remember, I said over two months ago that Bell’s not going to get the contract he thinks he’s going to get.

    1. How do you think these idiotic moves looks to a perspective team? At a stripper club? Lying to his O-linemen?

    2. He has a ton of touches for his age already.

    3. He’s only finished one season healthy.

    4. He’s one puff puff away from being suspended for a year.

    Why would anyone in their right mind give him a Gurly contract now?

    He’ll get a 9-10mil a year contract max.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I just don't think Bell's failure to get the contract he wanted will be the result of some owner conspiracy.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind give him a Gurly contract now?
    They wouldn’t. But, lucky for Bell, there are teams not in their right mind. And the Redskins have proven it many times.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •