Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: After...

  1. #61
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Where did his stock start? He is going into free agency fresh i dont see why that wouldn't be attractive to a team looking to sign him for big money.
    Where his stock started is irrelevant... The trajectory of that stock should be fairly easy to see...though.

    "Big money" is a relative term.
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-12-2018 at 09:33 AM.

  2. #62
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Bell will not ever look as good as he did in Pittsburgh...why? Because nobody else, has the OL we do....Bell was good but, our OL made him look even better.....
    I think, he made a mistake not signing this past summer.......
    There's little doubt that he missed out on the best offer he will receive.

  3. #63
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    There's little doubt that he missed out on the best offer he will receive.
    I tend to agree what we offered is probably close to the best he will get. Only difference is the guaranteed which while he may get a few million more, he won't get the contract Gurley got

  4. #64
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I tend to agree what we offered is probably close to the best he will get. Only difference is the guaranteed which while he may get a few million more, he won't get the contract Gurley got
    Dion Sanders asked a great question on the NFLN this morning... "Who's gonna pay the man 15 million a year"? LT and Shannon couldn't answer...

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, T.J. Yeldon, Spencer Ware, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Mike Davis, Adrian Peterson are all free agents next year. You factor in the guys coming in from college too.

    Now tell me again why someone needs to pay Bell 15mil a year??????

  6. #66
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Where did his stock start? He is going into free agency fresh i dont see why that wouldn't be attractive to a team looking to sign him for big money.
    He'll be attractive to a perennial offseason winner, some team that spends big in free agency and then never produces.

    I think the fact that Conner has performed arguably better than Bell in every sense of the word hurts Bell's value, at least to a rational team. It leads you to question how much of Bell's success is a product of his offensive line. And you have to look at how the Steelers offense is more effective now. Is it because Bell isn't there? Replacing Haley? Both? Whatever it is, this offense has been excellent, averaging 31 points per game this year - something they never did with Bell.

    But if you are a team like the Jets (they've been my prediction for his landing spot), with a boatload of cap room and everything else that goes along with being in NY, I can see them still signing Bell. I predicted 5 years, $100 million, he underperforms for 2-3 years and never sees the last 2. He'll be the running back equivalent of Mike Wallace, finishing his career as a journeyman.

  7. #67
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He'll be attractive to a perennial offseason winner, some team that spends big in free agency and then never produces.

    I think the fact that Conner has performed arguably better than Bell in every sense of the word hurts Bell's value, at least to a rational team. It leads you to question how much of Bell's success is a product of his offensive line. And you have to look at how the Steelers offense is more effective now. Is it because Bell isn't there? Replacing Haley? Both? Whatever it is, this offense has been excellent, averaging 31 points per game this year - something they never did with Bell.

    But if you are a team like the Jets (they've been my prediction for his landing spot), with a boatload of cap room and everything else that goes along with being in NY, I can see them still signing Bell. I predicted 5 years, $100 million, he underperforms for 2-3 years and never sees the last 2. He'll be the running back equivalent of Mike Wallace, finishing his career as a journeyman.
    I don't think even the Jets are stupid enough for 5 years $100M

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •