Thread: Ben offers to pay fines

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben offers to pay fines

Ben Roethlisberger offers to pay fines for linemen who backed him up after dirty hit.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...mpression=true

By Curt Popejoy

The Pittsburgh Steelers are family. And family protects their own. So when Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid decided to go in low and fast and hit Ben Roethlisberger in the head as Roethlisberger was sliding after a scramble, he incurred the wrath of about 700 pounds of linemen including David DeCastro and Maurkice Pouncey.
    After the game, Roethlisberger said he would pay any fines his teammates get for coming to his defense according to Pouncey.

Reid was swarmed after his dirty hit and was probably fortunate to get out of it with just an ejection. At this point in the game, the Steelers were in full control and the play felt like a player venting some frustration for a miserable effort.
    Fortunately, Roethlisberger wasn’t hurt on the play and ended up finishing with a perfect quarterback rating. Next up the Steelers will travel to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was glad to see Decastro, Pouncey and others go take up for their QB. That's what its all about.

Legend

User Info Menu

I worry that a similar reaction might cause offsetting penalties in a closer game.

That said good move by Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another team bonding moment. Ben has to feel good about how that played out. Glad he wasn't concussed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm surprised that the league doesn't come down hard on public statements like this.

While I think it's a good thing for him to do, I think these comments should be made in private.

It's basically flying the bird at the NFL and every once in a while they decide that they aren't going to take it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

maybe reid was just trying to get into position to kneel again.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

my wife immediately said, "Reid's lucky it wasn't Kemoatu on the o-line. He woulda ripped his head off!"
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

this is the type of comaraderie that develops when you train, practice and play hard for one another.
    i may end up being wrong, but this is what i see bell disrupting if/when he returns and its the same reason his team mates just dont forgive and forget
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown