Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Feiler

Starter

User Info Menu

Matt Feiler

Is a very good player...Have been watching him the last few weeks, and his man hasn't sniffed Ben, and mauls people in the running game...

With Gilberts past PED, injury history, age, and contract...Could/ would we acually move on from him...

Remember, the last few seasons Hubbard was always filling in for Gilbert, and we didn't lose anything...And he got paid...

Or is Munch just that damn good, and can make anybody play well...

Thoughts?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is clearly a hammer in the run game. Gilbert is still a very good player, but man you just gotta love munchak for the work he does in getting these guys prepared.

The whole line beat the life out of a formidable ravens defensive front. Decastro has had some of his best career games vs the ravens

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He is clearly a hammer in the run game. Gilbert is still a very good player, but man you just gotta love munchak for the work he does in getting these guys prepared.

The whole line beat the life out of a formidable ravens defensive front. Decastro has had some of his best career games vs the ravens

i would like to see a promotion and pay raise for munch

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I can't agree with you more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i would like to see a promotion and pay raise for munch
    I second that! Munch is worth his weight in gold!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I second that! Munch is worth his weight in gold!
    Out of curiosity...

listed at 6' 3" and 263 lbs

263 x 16 = 4208 ounces

4208 x $1231 = $5,180,048

Tomlin is estimated at $7M/yr, so yeah...he actually is pretty much worth his weight in gold

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Out of curiosity...

listed at 6' 3" and 263 lbs

263 x 16 = 4208 ounces

4208 x $1231 = $5,180,048

Tomlin is estimated at $7M/yr, so yeah...he actually is pretty much worth his weight in gold
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting - in yesterday's Post-Gazette chat w/ Ray Fittipaldo the question was asked:

Without James Harrison who is the strongest player on the team?

The response was Feiler!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In 2019, Gilbert will be 31 years old, and have a cap hit of $6.643M (down about $700K from this season). If released, there will be a dead cap hit of $1.7M and a savings of $4.9M. Reasonable numbers for Gilbert, but also a nice chunk of savings if they decide to go that way.

In 2019, Feiler will be 27 years old and an ERFA. At the very least there is one more year of control for the team if they can't agree to a long-term deal.

Feiler is an interesting story. I didn't realize how much bouncing around the guy did:
    May '14 Signed by Houston
    Aug '14 Waived by Houston
    Dec '14 Signed by Houston
    Sept '15 Waived by Houston
    Jan '16 Signed by Steelers
    Sept '16 Waived by Steelers
    Sept '16 Signed to Steelers practice squad
    Oct '16 Signed to Steelers active roster
    Oct '16 Waived by Steelers
    Oct '16 Signed to Steelers practice squad
    Jan '17 Signed to reserve/future contract by Steelers

Quite the journey