Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Release Bruce Irvin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Raiders Release Bruce Irvin

Anybody want him in Black and Gold?

Legend

User Info Menu

Only if he can play safety or CB better than the ones currently on our roster

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Trivia Question - Which player was the first ever ejected from a Super Bowl?

Bruce Irvin

To me he feels like a more disappointing version of Bud. Wasn’t he drafted as a top 20 or even top 10 pick?

And what has he done?

And you can always ask would a change of scenery help? And he’s already tried it and it didn’t.

But if we’re looking for a mediocre pass rush rotation, we should consider. 😊

Backup

User Info Menu

WVU grad, WVU fan, but sadly, I don't think he would improve any position on our squad, unless you are looking at 2nd or 3rd line. We have a pass rusher on IR who may be his equal already.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

it probably says more about me than him, but I had to look him up and see his stats. so i'd say he's not a significant upgrade to what we have.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd pass......
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'd pass......
    Other contending teams have done this type of thing... but... I can't believe I'm saying this... the way Bud Dupree has played the past few weeks, I'd pass on this particular player.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't go crazy to sign him, but if he clears waivers, this is a team where Anthony Chickillo is getting reps on D. I think you could do worse than Irvin as a backup OLB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't go crazy to sign him, but if he clears waivers, this is a team where Anthony Chickillo is getting reps on D. I think you could do worse than Irvin as a backup OLB.
    OK. I'm glad someone sees it like me. Reading this thread, I was half-tempted to not respond... except, with you, i agree
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Docosc View Post
    WVU grad, WVU fan, but sadly, I don't think he would improve any position on our squad, unless you are looking at 2nd or 3rd line. We have a pass rusher on IR who may be his equal already.
    Yeah, Ola Adeniyi may be ready to come back somewhat soon.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope