Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munchak for HOF ... as a coach!

Legend

User Info Menu

Munchak for HOF ... as a coach!

Gilbert out ... Matt Feiler in ... it doesn't matter, week after week our O line is awesome!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If this season turns into anything we would consider a success (reality says success doesn't necessarily mean SB or bust; a deep run in playoffs would be successful IMO), it will be because of: the OL, or Joe Haden, or both.

As much credit as I give to Conner, I think his success is proving that anyone (with talent and toughness) can run behind our OL--he's putting up Bell numbers. What is making our O so good is that Ben has all the time to throw, and Conner has space to work. On the other side of the ball, if he lasts the whole season, I would seriously consider Haden for team MVP this year. His work solidifies a bad secondary.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think MM (Mike Munchak) is definitely underappreciated for sure. He is a badass and out o line is top notch because of talent and great coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL is definitely the strength of this team. They’ve been keeping Ben upright (literally untouched) and opening up massive holes for the running game. Very impressive to watch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

MM has turned a running joke of an O-Line into one of the best units in the league. It's been that way for several years now. He is our secret weapon that allows the offense to do it's thing.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Munch is awesome. So awesome, he'll probably get poached away by some other team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Munch is awesome. So awesome, he'll probably get poached away by some other team.
    Im not totally sure he wants to go anywhere else. I think hes happy in his current role with the steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't think he's interested in being a head coach again. A head coach is more like a CEO than a teacher, and Munch knows what he does best. Been there, done that (similar to Dick LeBeau in this regard). He doesn't even strike me as a guy who is looking for a promotion to O.C. where he'd call plays. He was a Hall of Fame o-lineman who knows what it takes to teach o-linemen how to play the game. He'll likely continue to do that for the rest of his career. And geographically, he's close to his alma mater of Penn State, relatively close to his hometown of Scranton, and also somewhat close to previous home down in Nashville. Add onto that the loyalty he gets from the Rooney family and I highly doubt he going anywhere until he's ready to hang up the whistle in retirement.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its nice to have a guy that you can say "If munchak doesnt get it out of you, theres no place for you in the league"...re: Mike Adams

He has consistently through out his career turned lumps of clay into pro bowlers. We dont need to talk about the elite talent he has to work with like Pouncey and Decastro, that makes his life easy....

Michael Roos, from Estonia a 2nd round pick from Eastern Washington...pro bowler, and a first and second team all pro under munchak

David Stewart, 4th round pick second team all pro under munchak

Kelvin Beachem and Chris Hubbard were backup players, later round or FA pickups that go from career utility linemen into starters and eventually coveted free agents for other teams

Villanueva never even played the position...lol

Saw Marcus Gilbert go from a frustrating second round pick to a lean and mean RT who has consistently been one of the best in the league since munchak came to town.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Its nice to have a guy that you can say "If munchak doesnt get it out of you, theres no place for you in the league"...re: Mike Adams

He has consistently through out his career turned lumps of clay into pro bowlers. We dont need to talk about the elite talent he has to work with like Pouncey and Decastro, that makes his life easy....

Michael Roos, from Estonia a 2nd round pick from Eastern Washington...pro bowler, and a first and second team all pro under munchak

David Stewart, 4th round pick second team all pro under munchak

Kelvin Beachem and Chris Hubbard were backup players, later round or FA pickups that go from career utility linemen into starters and eventually coveted free agents for other teams

Villanueva never even played the position...lol

Saw Marcus Gilbert go from a frustrating second round pick to a lean and mean RT who has consistently been one of the best in the league since munchak came to town.
    And now it's being able to plug and play guys like Matt Feiler or B.J. Finney without the team missing a beat.

Chuks Okorafor was supposed to require a redshirt season due to a lack of overall experience, but it seems like he was reporting as an eligible receiver, allowing us to use an extra lineman as a blocking TE, on more of the offensive plays than not yesterday.

Maybe he'll even be able to make something out of the huge Zach Banner in time (at his size, I do like that he just so happens to have the Incredible Hulk's last name). Dude has good genes since his biological father is Lincoln Kennedy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.