Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday night football

Rookie

User Info Menu

Monday night football

Is it me or is this the most annoying group of announcers and color comentary people I have ever heard on MNF. Whitten is a rookie, but he sounds as if he is on his sixth Starbucks double of the evening and Booger is just being Booger. Where have you gone Keith, Frank and Howard???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I did love Whitten's response on the McDonald stiff arm against Tampa. If you listen carefully on the replay you can hear him say, "He just threw him out of the club". Hahaha. I think Whitten is just naturally a fired up guy and happy to be calling games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Written isn’t long for the booth but I do like the guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agree with the OP. I can barely listen to this group. Makes me want to turn the game off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Witten is a guy you wanna watch a game with on the couch.....not listen to - he's horrible.
    Whenever I listen (which is rare these days) to MNF I feel like I'm listening to a Thursday Night College Game on ESPN.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really like romo on CBS, witten sounds like a big dumb romo.

He really knows a lot about TE routes, but he kinda messes up everything else lol.

Booger on his weird floating chair is something else, though....not sure what to make of that one

Legend

User Info Menu

The one thing I like about MNF though is that they list the RB's, WR's, and TE's on the field in a graphic on the bottom of the screen for each play.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know what is up with all of these former cowboys getting red carpeted into the broadcast booth proceeding early retirement! I admit I do like Romo and Aikman, but that's enough of that! McFarland is a pleasant surprise. I think he adds some quality insight into the game. I don't know where this other guy is from. He just sounds like a "guy!" Nothing special at all...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Romo is honestly one of if not the best one out there in the secondary analyst spot....but i mean they are pretty marketable from a face recognition standpoint.

Thing i like about romo is he knows what hes talking about, but he also takes chances. Hes not always right but its better than the absolute TRASH we have to listen to with collinsworth driving RPOs down our throat and lusting over saquon barkleys thighs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agree, Romo is one of the best. Love listing to him call the game and predict/recommend/break-down plays.

Booger on ESPN just makes me want to turn the volume off.