Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like after all that we will be on top of the division again ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like after all that we will be on top of the division again ...

Perfect Sunday - entire NFC North lost (Bungles are in the process of being blown out by "Mahomet and Co.", 31-7).

Let's start stacking some wins now!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Top of the division isn't that impressive when your record is as barely over .500 as possible.

We're lucky the other teams in our division aren't that good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Perfect Sunday - entire NFC North lost (Bungles are in the process of being blown out by "Mahomet and Co.", 31-7).

When did the Steelers move to the NFC North?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

We could somehow make the playoffs thanks to being in one of the crappiest divisions in the NFL.

Theres a a lot of games in front of us, so who knows what could happen in time? Benís deep ball could get a lot more accurate. This offense usually takes half a season or so to get rolling. Weíre scoring in the red zone which is a good sign.

But how far can the D improve? Weíve got Haden and Hilton. Beyond those 2, I think everyone else is a question mark. We need consistency out of Heyward and Tuitt. We probably need Sutton to continue to evolve. We need the Ss in coverage. We need a way to get VW and Bostic off the field on clear passing plays. We need our OLBs to contribute to have a chance. But when I rewatch the D, we we donít have much more than Haden and Hilton.

We need our O to score 45+ come playoff time. We need to get leads and keep the pedal to the metal to have a chance. Itís no different than the 70s team where Bradshaw had to carry us to SuperBowl 3 and 4. Those SuperBowls werenít about the D. Pretty much, Ben has to overcome all shortcomings on this team if weíre gonna win.

Right now Ben is not good enough. By season end, can he be? I doubt it, but Iíll hope for the best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Top of the division isn't that impressive when your record is as barely over .500 as possible.

I usually dont get all warm and fuzzy when we are in first just because other teams lose
    BUT
    We won two in a row and are hopefully getting hot when it counts.
    If we get the defense straightened out a bit more, i expect good things.
    Dont count Baltimore out, that will be our test.
    Head high bro
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy, TJ Watt ring a bell?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree with flippy. Hard to find that consistent playmaker on defense. Watt seems to disappear for stretches. Tuitt is frequently double teamed and no one else on the DL takes advantage. Haden is steady but unspectacular.
    Just thinking tonight watching Bungals get manhandled how the Steelers miss Troy P in the secondary.... seems a distant memory now. Steelers cannot continue to strike out on DBs in the draft or they will pay the price. Please draft smart football players, not athletes with potential. They've proven time and again they can't 'coach them up' to be NFL players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I usually dont get all warm and fuzzy when we are in first just because other teams lose
    BUT
    We won two in a row and are hopefully getting hot when it counts.
    If we get the defense straightened out a bit more, i expect good things.
    Dont count Baltimore out, that will be our test.
    Head high bro
    This.

I'm happy we're in 1st in the division despite a crappy start to the season (turns out KC is the real deal).

But, I think that the Ravens are better than us until we prove otherwise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Flippy, TJ Watt ring a bell?
    If we played 16 games a year vs Cleveland, TJ's an All Pro and DMVP, but we don't and he's not. He has more to prove. Even though he's pointing in the right direction, it's not like he's this disruptive force that opponents must game plan around.

He's doing less in coverage this year and making more tackles in the running game.

But overall, I just don't think he's a guy that keeps OCs up at night trying to figure out how to minimize his impact.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Guess what? Top of the Division is a guaranteed ticket into the play offs. That isn't important to you? I guess it is more important to keep that "glass half empty"