Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question: As bad as our defensive backfield is ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Dumb question: As bad as our defensive backfield is ...

As bad as our defensive backfield is, excepting Haden of course (and maybe Hilton or Sutton?) why isn't our rookie playing, Marcus Allen (S), I guess he's worse than even Burns, etc.?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

remember a few years ago when blake continued to start................maybe our depth is still that bad
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every year.........

Backup

User Info Menu

As I recall, his rep coming in was good tackler, hits hard not so good in coverage... Dimebacker kinda thing. Not so sure that is what we need.

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps Butler could blitz Allen and actually use one of our best coverage guys to cover a receiver...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Defense has played well last 2 games, no need to start throwing guys out there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Docosc View Post
    As I recall, his rep coming in was good tackler, hits hard not so good in coverage... Dimebacker kinda thing. Not so sure that is what we need.
    That's what some of us said when we spent the draft pick on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Vince is doing a fine job as dimebacker
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Defense has played well last 2 games, no need to start throwing guys out there.
    Agree. The secondary has slowly been improving. Let them continue to play together and gel. That being said, I'd hope that they will be all over Burns this week. Once back I hope he is on a short leash. Make or break time...turn it around or hit the pine.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Agree. The secondary has slowly been improving. Let them continue to play together and gel. That being said, I'd hope that they will be all over Burns this week. Once back I hope he is on a short leash. Make or break time...turn it around or hit the pine.
    I'd already have him riding the pine ... if we had anybody clearly better to replace him with.

Sure wish we could pick up a solid CB in a trade before the deadline. It could make all the difference for this team this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone loves allen and even matthew thomas, perhaps they arent ready to play?