Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What To Do Today?

Legend

User Info Menu

What To Do Today?

What are we going to do with no game today?

I don't know about you guys, but bye weeks make me feel lost. I get into a rhythm in the off season and Sunday's become chore days to catch up on stuff, but by now I'm in mid season form at putting things off that I should be doing

Let me know if anyone has any good ideas for today. May everyone come up with a strategy to avoid doing things they want to procrastinate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Root for the Bucs and Bears at 1:00, the Saints at 4:00, and the Chiefs at 8:30. You can even watch the London game this morning, going on right now!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Root for the Bucs and Bears at 1:00, the Saints at 4:00, and the Chiefs at 8:30. You can even watch the London game this morning, going on right now!
    This about sums up my plan. Although I might meet up with my dad at the park with my 2 1/2 year old son and spend time with him that way since he won’t be coming over to watch the Steelers today.

Legend

User Info Menu

i have a feeling im more lost than anyone this weekend. i retired yesterday...........
    do a couple honey do things
    pack the truck for 3-6 days of bow hunting up to deer camp
    after that, im kinda at a loss
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i have a feeling im more lost than anyone this weekend. i retired yesterday...........
    do a couple honey do things
    pack the truck for 3-6 days of bow hunting up to deer camp
    after that, im kinda at a loss
    You need to change your handle to squidoldman. Congratulations by the way, I've got a few more years before I check out of the workforce but I can see the light.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You need to change your handle to squidoldman. Congratulations by the way, I've got a few more years before I check out of the workforce but I can see the light.

Pappy
    thanks pappy.
    some days 51 does seem old.............like getting out of bed this morning.....lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    thanks pappy.
    some days 51 does seem old.............like getting out of bed this morning.....lol
    Squid, 51, and retired, that's fantastic, that's some good success by any gauge of success, I hope you have hobbies and family to fill your time.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going the Ruthless route for now. That first game ending was pretty good.

Congrats Squid!!! I'm jealous. I guess having fun is now your job.

Good dad, AZ. Playing with the kids - the young one and the old one

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm going the Ruthless route for now. That first game ending was pretty good.

Congrats Squid!!! I'm jealous. I guess having fun is now your job.

Good dad, AZ. Playing with the kids - the young one and the old one
    That game was good. Fired up the tv out back and watched it while the boy played with the dogs.

On our way to the park park now and meeting up with my sister, her husband and their little girl whos his little cousin.

Going to be a a good day.

Also you’re right on the old on, gunna throw some football around. Got my ben jersey on and even had a conversation with a fellow Steelers fan at the gas station who was in a Hines Ward home jersey.

its called Pittsburgh west for a reason here in Arizona haha.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Squid, 51, and retired, that's fantastic, that's some good success by any gauge of success, I hope you have hobbies and family to fill your time.

Pappy
    thanks. i am very fortunate. plenty of family and friends. hunt, fish and active in the community. no excuse to sit here and do nothing.
    im hoping it doesnt take long for my work mentality to fade away and i can stop being so jaded(i bet you guys hope that too...lol)