Thread: Steelers $14M Man

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers $14M Man

Not coming back anytime soon:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...morgan-burnett

Burnett said the groin injury suffered in the week prior to the Steelersí Sept. 24 game at Tampa Bay is different than the groin injury that hindered him throughout camp. He also missed two late-season games last year because of a groin injury in addition to a 2016 game because of one.Burnett is one of two veteran safeties the Steelers signed in the offseason who havenít been on the field much this season; Nat Berhe went on injured reserve Oct. 2 because of a torn pectoral muscle.
    That has prevented the Steelers from perhaps being as creative they wanted to be with their secondary under new defensive backs coach Tom Bradley. During camp, for example, the Steelers showed a seven-DB look

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Injuries happen - he would have been a nice addition if he could stay healthy. So EDMUNDS is getting his time in. Probably a better draft pick in hindsight.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I suppose the Steelers were rewarded handsomely for the their patience with oft-injured V McDonald when many of us (me included) want to cut bait. Let's see if the payoff will be the same with Burnett. The positive is Edmunds has been improving each week with the PT he's been getting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My fear is that Burnett is used up, and will never play an effective game for the Steelers. We have to somehow do a better job of screening before we sign these players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From the Post Gazette (these injuries shouldn't be a big surprise):

This is the fourth consecutive year Burnett has missed games due to soft tissue injuries and the third consecutive season he has missed games due to a groin injury.

A troubling pattern has surfaced the past two years when a hamstring injury has been followed quickly by a groin injury.

In all, Burnett has missed 28 games due to injuries since entering the league in 2010.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looking at Burnett's history, he really needs to take a year away from the game to fully get over these soft tissue issues. I don't see us getting the reward of waiting on him that we've gotten with McDonald.