Cards Wanting to Trade Petersen

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...eshape-roster/

Should the Steelers deal for him?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would love to get him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Work out some sort of three way deal...Bell to Philly, picks to Arizona, Peterson to Pittsburgh.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Why not just deal directly with Arizona? That way you aren't a giving a good team a talented football player to a potential Super Bowl team (Philly).

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

In a freaking heartbeat.
    Give them Artie, Vince Williams and a 3rd
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Why not just deal directly with Arizona? That way you aren't a giving a good team a talented football player to a potential Super Bowl team (Philly).

Pappy
    Because Arizona just signed David Johnson to a 3 year $39M deal, so they aren't in the market for a bellcow RB...they want prime draft picks to rebuild. I'd rather keep our prime draft picks and turn Bell into an elite defensive player. Philly has an extra second round pick in 2019 from Baltimore and needs a RB with Ajayi in IR and if they can use some of their future draft capital to fill their biggest hole now, and we improve our team as well, seems like a win, win, win all around to me. Philly's in the NFC so I don't mind if they also improve in the process.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Because Arizona just signed David Johnson to a 3 year $39M deal, so they aren't in the market for a bellcow RB...they want prime draft picks to rebuild. I'd rather keep our prime draft picks and turn Bell into an elite defensive player. Philly has an extra second round pick in 2019 from Baltimore and needs a RB with Ajayi in IR and if they can use some of their future draft capital to fill their biggest hole now, and we improve our team as well, seems like a win, win, win all around to me. Philly's in the NFC so I don't mind if they also improve in the process.
    I think Pap meant trade for Peterson without Bell involved.
    We can still make a trade w/o Bell...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Because they don't need a RB...Philly does

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ruthless got it right, I don't follow the NFL as a whole well enough to know that AZ didn't need a running back and that Johnson had signed the 39 million dollar deal. I was mostly curious why his scenario involved three teams because that just complicates matters.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    But hevis suggestibg it would mean giving up picks. Why would they trade for guys who are struggling with us as you suggest?