Thread: Potential Shazier replacement with a similar athletic profile is reportedly available

Legend

User Info Menu

Potential Shazier replacement with a similar athletic profile is reportedly available

Dude was a safety in college, and converted to a linebacker in the pros (like Brian Urlacher did...or the opposite of what Carnell Lake did).

At the combine, he was a top performer in the 40 (4.49 seconds), high jump (36.5"). broad jump (125"), 3 cone (6.96 seconds), and benched 19 reps at 225 pounds.

He seems to fit the hybrid profile of what we were looking for when we drafted Terrell Edmunds and Marcus Allen.

In his first 4 seasons in the NFL, he has 6 sacks, 12 passes defensed, 2 interceptions (1 returned for a pick 6 TD), 6 forced fumbles, and averaged 92 tackles per year.

Report: Cardinals shopping Deone Bucannon

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 10, 2018, 8:18 AM EDT

When teams no longer want a guy, you often hear about their willingness to trade him.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Cardinals are “stepping up their efforts to deal” Deone Bucannon.

A former first-rounder, Bucannon seems to be a bad fit in new coach Steve Wilks’ system.

He started and played every snap in the opener, but played only one snap of defense in Week Three and four snaps in Week Five.

Bucannon’s currently playing out the fifth-year option of his rookie deal, and is making $8.71 million this year. Unless a team has cap room to burn for a rental, it’s hard to imagine anyone giving up much of value for him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/report-cardinals-shopping-deone-bucannon/
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hasson reddick has also fallen out of favor there

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Either would be excellent additions...so unlikely though

Starter

User Info Menu

I live in Phoenix and have a wife and sister who are cardinals fans so I’ve watched pretty much every game of theirs. Buchanan is solid from what I remember. My brother in law mentioned his lack of playing time a couple weeks ago and how he thought their new coach was an idiot for not using him. Would be cool to see him in the Black and Gold..

Legend

User Info Menu

Sign him now, but he has to formally change his name.

Either "Flacco sucks" or "Steely McBeam" will do!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Dude was a safety in college, and converted to a linebacker in the pros (like Brian Urlacher did...or the opposite of what Carnell Lake did).

At the combine, he was a top performer in the 40 (4.49 seconds), high jump (36.5"). broad jump (125"), 3 cone (6.96 seconds), and benched 19 reps at 225 pounds.

He seems to fit the hybrid profile of what we were looking for when we drafted Terrell Edmunds and Marcus Allen.

In his first 4 seasons in the NFL, he has 6 sacks, 12 passes defensed, 2 interceptions (1 returned for a pick 6 TD), 6 forced fumbles, and averaged 92 tackles per year.
    Ruth, call Arizona and make it happen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    hasson reddick has also fallen out of favor there
    2-for-1 deal for Bell... done.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    2-for-1 deal for Bell... done.
    The Cards just signed RB David Johnson to a 3 year $39M contract a month ago. I'm quite confident that they are a team that you can remove from the potential Le'Veon Bell sweepstakes.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Cards just signed RB David Johnson to a 3 year $39M contract a month ago. I'm quite confident that they are a team that you can remove from the potential Le'Veon Bell sweepstakes.
    well, we aren't getting those guys from them anyway. if we're going to make absurd proposals, go all in... wuss
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Karl Joseph reportedly being shopped as Gruden continues to dismantle the team lol