Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AB getting sued in Florida

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    speaking of shazier - he was walking all around the field during warmups. little hitch in his step - but no cane or any assistance. the crowd was going bonkers cheering him.
    Amazing progress!

#Shalieve

Legend

User Info Menu

And I was riding my motorcycle of few weeks ago and an old lady almost hit me...... knew I shoulda sued for a nice vacation in the Caribbean.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown calls pending lawsuits “false claims”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2018, 9:57 AM EDT

There’s a saying in the legal community that the phrase “frivolous lawsuit” means “any lawsuit filed against me.” For now, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown seems to be taking that approach to a pair of lawsuits filed against him arising from an April incident at a $10 million apartment he rented in Florida.

“It has now been made public that two lawsuits containing false claims have been filed against me,” Brown said in a statement provided to PFT and other media outlets. “The facts will soon come out that prove my innocence. My focus will remain on football and I will not let the cases serve as a distraction.”

One of the lawsuits was filed by the landlord, claiming that Brown caused $15,000 in damage to the apartment during an alleged fit of rage sparked by the theft of a gun and $80,000 in cash. The other lawsuit arises from the claim that Brown threw furniture and other items from a 14th-floor balcony, nearly hitting a toddler and his grandfather below.

Brown didn’t elaborate on why he believes the claims are false, and no facts have been provided yet to prove his innocence. As the lawsuits proceed, evidence will be developed through the pre-trial discovery process. Barring settlement, a trial eventually will happen.

Brown was not arrested or charged as a result of the incident. However, he could possibly face NFL scrutiny under the Personal Conduct Policy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/antonio-brown-calls-pending-lawsuits-false-claims/
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I could easily see Brown being innocent. Someone sees him in this apartment and after the furniture incident, police are sent to question the high profile guy in the building and he gets really irritated because he didn't do it.

I could just as easily see Brown being guilty. He just seems to come unglued relatively easily. The Gatorade jug can attest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    And I was riding my motorcycle of few weeks ago and an old lady almost hit me...... knew I shoulda sued for a nice vacation in the Caribbean.
    Exactly...articles read "antonio brown nearly kills toddler"

how dramatic lol

If i tripped i could nearly kill a toddler at any point of any day but so far so good

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Exactly...articles read "antonio brown nearly kills toddler"

how dramatic lol

If i tripped i could nearly kill a toddler at any point of any day but so far so good
    I agree that it's dramatic. But throwing stuff out from the balcony of a building is a pretty serious thing. Your chances of seriously injuring or killing someone is a lot higher than if you trip and fall. If there was proof that Brown did it, I'd imagine that he'd be charged with something by the police.