Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Brees Now #1 All-Time in Passing Yardage

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OT: Brees Now #1 All-Time in Passing Yardage

Good guy and great QB. I'm so happy that he passed up Peyton.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ya very good moment but I wish they stop talking about being 5'10'' like it is some handicap, I'm 5'10'' it's really not that bad.

Starter

User Info Menu

Because of the many rule changes to help out the offenses todayís NFL QBís are basically playing the game on a 9 foot rim. Thatís why these kinds of accomplishments donít really seem all that impressive anymore.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Because of the many rule changes to help out the offenses today’s NFL QB’s are basically playing the game on a 9 foot rim. That’s why these kinds of accomplishments don’t really seem all that impressive anymore.
    A shout out to Mel Blount does seem necessary.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree that when you change rules to open up the offense, hamstring the defense and make it so QB's can play until they're 50 - you're likely to see a lot of these records broken.

But Brees isn't responsible for that. He's a good dude and an awesome QB.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

9 times a QB has thrown for over 5000 yards in a season. Brees has done it 5 of the 9 times. That's insane.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    A shout out to Mel Blount does seem necessary.
    Would have loved to see him in today's game, I don't know if he would have been able to adjust to today's game. He was a fantastic athlete though.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya very good moment but I wish they stop talking about being 5'10'' like it is some handicap, I'm 5'10'' it's really not that bad.
    Nothing wrong with being 5'10' in real life, but it's a huge handicap for an NFL QB that he has to overcome, making Brees' accomplishment that much more impressive.

At 5'10" he's 7 inches shorter than the average NFL lineman. He's gotta be able to see over those guys and find throwing lanes over those guys. Any QB not ~6"5" is at a disadvantage. Doesn't make the job impossible. Just that much harder.

The one positive he has going for him is I think he's significantly taller than Russell Wilson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Drew Brees is amazing! I have always liked that guy because he seems so humble and personable. You can tell he really loves and respects the game, as he has worked very hard to put himself in this position! As far as his height, that really is amazing when you think about it - I mean, the scouts pretty much rule out if your not at least 6'2" or 6'3". It just goes to show that heart will prevail over almost anything!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm with you Willer. Real nice, genuine guy that you can't help but like. I"m glad for him. He's a real QB no matter the height.