Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where's all the love????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where's all the love????

I must admit I'm shocked at how quiet this board is after yesterday's game. Maybe everyone is too busy celebrating Columbus day?

I've been as critical of Tomlin's teams as most (especially with his typical 'september stench' as he himself calls it) - yet yesterday was a terrific game. The team played complete in all phases, put up large points, shut down a top tier offense, came out in the second half and put their foot on the falcons throat and didn't let up.

It's what I want to see every week and I'm thrilled that's what we got yesterday.

there are usually 800 'the sky is falling' threads after a loss - I admittedly have even started one or two. but dang - I get stoked when they play will and win. If we go into cincy and play like we did yesterday - this season will just be getting started.

go steelers!!!!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

b/c we've seen the worst this year. Next week's game is what will really matter.
    It was a great bounce back game but it was the now 1-4 Falcons at home. #Meh
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Decent start to October.

If we can score 40+, we never lose. Unfortunately we won’t face as many bad D’s like ATL.

There’s still a lot to work on but there’s some good things that happened.

Im still not ready to crown this team a contender. But it sure is more fun watching a win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Decent start to October.

If we can score 40+, we never lose. Unfortunately we won’t face as many bad D’s like ATL.

There’s still a lot to work on but there’s some good things that happened.

Im still not ready to crown this team a contender. But it sure is more fun watching a win.
    Unless the opponent happens to be an offensive juggernaut like the Jaguars

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I must admit I'm shocked at how quiet this board is after yesterday's game. Maybe everyone is too busy celebrating Columbus day?

I've been as critical of Tomlin's teams as most (especially with his typical 'september stench' as he himself calls it) - yet yesterday was a terrific game. The team played complete in all phases, put up large points, shut down a top tier offense, came out in the second half and put their foot on the falcons throat and didn't let up.

It's what I want to see every week and I'm thrilled that's what we got yesterday.

there are usually 800 'the sky is falling' threads after a loss - I admittedly have even started one or two. but dang - I get stoked when they play will and win. If we go into cincy and play like we did yesterday - this season will just be getting started.

go steelers!!!!
    No surprise.
    There are fewer people who routinely start threads to celebrate wins on the forum.

But don't worry after the next loss, the forum will come to life with rejoicing.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-08-2018 at 09:14 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Here's something I loved - the emotion from Ben following the first TD pass to AB. I appreciate how stoic he can be, but there are times I wish he showed more emotion. I loved the way he snapped his chin strap off and was yelling. Not sure if that was just a release following the poor INT at the end of the first half, a culmination of some built up frustration, or if I'm reading in to it too much. Either way - I thought it was really good to see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone expected the falcons to feast, LOVED what they put on the field yesterday. It is definitely a quiet day on the boards, which has become the norm when something positive happens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    Here's something I loved - the emotion from Ben following the first TD pass to AB. I appreciate how stoic he can be, but there are times I wish he showed more emotion. I loved the way he snapped his chin strap off and was yelling. Not sure if that was just a release following the poor INT at the end of the first half, a culmination of some built up frustration, or if I'm reading in to it too much. Either way - I thought it was really good to see.
    Completely agree. It's been a while since I've seen that from him. He needs to play with that emotion and little pissed off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Everyone expected the falcons to feast, LOVED what they put on the field yesterday. It is definitely a quiet day on the boards, which has become the norm when something positive happens
    Some people are only happy when they’re miserable. I’m deeply upset when the Steelers lose - but I get no joy from it. And I’m far more happy when they win. I’d rather feel like this than upset every Monday!

But it’s not just me. Overpaid janitors around the country are high fiving each other saying ‘way to go tomlin’....!!!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!