Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: We told you so....

  1. #1
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    We told you so....

    After the TB game, a lot of people wanted to bust out the champagne that we won.

    Others (like myself) were highly critical of the defense, second half offense and the slow start as well as the poor coaching. After all, the standard is the standard. We accept that. Obviously.

    Yes, we were happy that we won but those without the Steelers blinders on could see that the team is flagued with the same issues dating back 12 months.

    The 'w' was a sham against a ****ty team. They should have won easily. Instead, they almost blew it and looked pitful in doing so.

    Those without those blinders on tried to be realistic and say the team and coaching is still trash...others wanted to argue with.... We got the Win! YIPPIE.

    Needless to say.... we told ya so. 1 game later, against a better team and we lose. Reason? Same old story.
    Poor Coaching
    Slow Start
    Second half offense
    Lack of preparation, communication
    Confusion on defense.
    Pitiful secondary

    The only improvement was penalties.

    Hopefully, this week the Steelers will put together an actual respectable performance for the first time this year.
    Last edited by steelz09; 10-04-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  2. #2
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I don’t think anyone was impressed with the way the TB game ended.

  3. #3
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don’t think anyone was impressed with the way the TB game ended.
    We were just happy to get a win...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    After the TB game, a lot of people wanted to bust out the champagne that we won.

    Others (like myself) were highly critical of the defense, second half offense and the slow start as well as the poor coaching. After all, the standard is the standard. We accept that. Obviously.

    Yes, we were happy that we won but those without the Steelers blinders on could see that the team is flagued with the same issues dating back 12 months.

    The 'w' was a sham against a ****ty team. They should have won easily. Instead, they almost blew it and looked pitful in doing so.

    Those without those blinders on tried to be realistic and say the team and coaching is still trash...others wanted to argue with.... We got the Win! YIPPIE.

    Needless to say.... we told ya so. 1 game later, against a better team and we lose. Reason? Same old story.
    Poor Coaching
    Slow Start
    Second half offense
    Lack of preparation, communication
    Confusion on defense.
    Pitiful secondary

    The only improvement was penalties.

    Hopefully, this week the Steelers will put together an actual respectable performance for the first time this year.
    This is the kind of post one might expect immediately after a loss. I had to double check the date on it. I can't tell if you are irrationally consumed by the shortfalls of the team, or consumed by a need to think you have superior insight.

    Like Dizz stated...I don't think anyone was happy with the defense or the collapse in that Bucs game. Let it go man.


  5. #5
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    This is the kind of post one might expect immediately after a loss. I had to double check the date on it. I can't tell if you are irrationally consumed by the shortfalls of the team, or consumed by a need to think you have superior insight.

    Like Dizz stated...I don't think anyone was happy with the defense or the collapse in that Bucs game. Let it go man.
    It's not just the TB game. It's the fact that this same stuff has been happening for 12 months and the only thing we get each week is Coach Cliche's press conference buzz words. Then, next week... Same results.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  6. #6
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    12 months? The football season is roughly 5 months long.

    What a weird and desperate. post.

  7. #7
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    I hope he doesn’t have a Twitter account...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    If you think about it though, the team is missing arguably its best player on offense (Bell) and best player on defense (Shazier). The Shazier loss especially, is still underrated. In whatever case though, I understand our frustration because the "miscommunication" problem should be relatively easy to remedy.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It's not just the TB game. It's the fact that this same stuff has been happening for 12 months and the only thing we get each week is Coach Cliche's press conference buzz words. Then, next week... Same results.
    We all share the same frustration, so I do understand where the vitriol is coming from. But it's a long season man and the time for calling for anyone's head or claiming victory for predictions of doom is still pretty far down the road. I'll be the first one to admit the defense does not leave me feeling optimistic, but what if they do start to turn it around? What if Bell comes back and the offense returns to form?

    I'm pretty sure you won't start a thread titled "You All Told Me So".

    I'm also pretty sure it's going to take a fairly large sample size of quality performances on both sides of the ball before any rational poster on this board starts talking Super Bowl again.


  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    "the time for......... claiming victory for predictions of doom is still pretty far down the road.
    It is NEVER too early to "claim victory" for predicting doom my friend.
    It is just awesome to celebrate a loss..........Yipeee!!!!!

    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-05-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •