Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We told you so....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm curious about what aspect of the Code of Conduct got Felt and Slappy banned?

If anyone did not want to read what those guys were writing, there is an ignore feature as opposed to a sudden random ban.

It would be nice for the membership to know what rules they broke so we don't break those new rules in the future.

Thanks.
    Banned? A little quick on the trigger if you ask me.

(I’ll miss you all if this criticism results in my demise. )

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If you think about it though, the team is missing arguably its best player on offense (Bell) and best player on defense (Shazier). The Shazier loss especially, is still underrated. In whatever case though, I understand our frustration because the "miscommunication" problem should be relatively easy to remedy.
    While I agree about the loss of Shazier, it seems 1 year is plenty of time for the coaches to figure out the adjustments needed. It's not a good look that they seemingly have no answers this far into a new season. How is it Belichick is able to right the ship so quickly after the loss of a key guy? Gronk goes out, ... next man up... (for real).

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm curious about what aspect of the Code of Conduct got Felt and Slappy banned?

If anyone did not want to read what those guys were writing, there is an ignore feature as opposed to a sudden random ban.

It would be nice for the membership to know what rules they broke so we don't break those new rules in the future.

Thanks.
    Reading the forum takes up a lot less time now that two of the most frequent poster have been banned. I also would like to find out why

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Slap and Dizz have been banned?

Too bad. Though they could be stubbornly annoying, they helped make for some lively discussions. Hope they're back soon.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Banned? A little quick on the trigger if you ask me.

(I’ll miss you all if this criticism results in my demise. )
    who will be left to chat with on game days?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks.
    First of all...what?!? I don't read every thread on this Board, so I'm not sure if they went nuclear and started talking about sexually assaulting young farm animals or something. But getting banned doesn't jibe with the typical tenor of their posting or their tenure on this board.

Secondly, I thought you were an administrator on here Ruthless? If not, then I thought you had some kind of pipeline to those who run the site. I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag. If you find out, please let us know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag.
    Glad you used the qualifiers "obvious" and "out-of-control" ... if we banned all the douchebags and trolls from this board, there wouldn't be many posters left.

Just kidding.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    First of all...what?!? I don't read every thread on this Board, so I'm not sure if they went nuclear and started talking about sexually assaulting young farm animals or something. But getting banned doesn't jibe with the typical tenor of their posting or their tenure on this board.

Secondly, I thought you were an administrator on here Ruthless? If not, then I thought you had some kind of pipeline to those who run the site. I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag. If you find out, please let us know.
    I don't want to get into this argument yet again, but since you asked, I'll try to provide the major points. You've been around here and the Trib board long enough to remember the racist trolls whose only contribution to our discussions was the introduction of the term "overpaid janitor" in reference to our head coach. Well, before this season even started, the owner of this board, steelz09, began referring to Tomlin as an overpaid janitor about 8-10 times within 24 hour period. I felt the need to respond that while I have no problem with members of this board critizing Tomlin's time management, his coach's challenges, his decisions whether or not to go for 2 points, etc., it was a really bad look for the owner of a Steeler board to continually be implying that our black head coach, who is very successful at his job by any objective measure, is capable of only menial, unskilled, cleaning jobs (several posters here have been adamently opposed to coaches like Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley in the last several years, but the worst insults they would face were being called old or a golf coach). He declined to stop using it, called anyone who objected to it as snowflakes, and I told him that I was no longer interested in volunteering my time to assist someone with such views. So here we are. Snowflake feltdizz and snowflake slapstick aren't here anymore. And several of the members left, snowflake and non, are now wondering about what aspects of the Code of Conduct are now bannable offenses.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Please fill out this form and forward to the admin.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want to get into this argument yet again, but since you asked, I'll try to provide the major points. You've been around here and the Trib board long enough to remember the racist trolls whose only contribution to our discussions was the introduction of the term "overpaid janitor" in reference to our head coach. Well, before this season even started, the owner of this board, steelz09, began referring to Tomlin as an overpaid janitor about 8-10 times within 24 hour period. I felt the need to respond that while I have no problem with members of this board critizing Tomlin's time management, his coach's challenges, his decisions whether or not to go for 2 points, etc., it was a really bad look for the owner of a Steeler board to continually be implying that our black head coach, who is very successful at his job by any objective measure, is capable of only menial, unskilled, cleaning jobs (several posters here have been adamently opposed to coaches like Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley in the last several years, but the worst insults they would face were being called old or a golf coach). He declined to stop using it, called anyone who objected to it as snowflakes, and I told him that I was no longer interested in volunteering my time to assist someone with such views. So here we are. Snowflake feltdizz and snowflake slapstick aren't here anymore. And several of the members left, snowflake and non, are now wondering about what aspects of the Code of Conduct are now bannable offenses.
    I didn't know that history of "overpaid janitor" went way back to the trib board, I was a member there, but barely, I guess not enough to pick up on that.

If having strong objections to that phrase being used makes someone a snowflake, then count SASF in. Or out maybe … I'm getting less and less enjoyment out of the board reading the owner post more and more like that. I don't visit here as much as I used to any more, it's just too icky for this snowflake for that reason, despite all the good guys that are here.

I was just going to lay low and see if things got any better, but it's kind of hard when folks are banned like they were. Vegas says this will be my last post, not by my choice (owner has pretty much said if I mentioned this again, "I'm gonna do what I gotta do to you"). Vegas can be wrong sometimes (SB at Raymond James Stadium anyone? ), but just in case - it's been great, thanks for the fun, and GO STEELERS!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!