Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Bell will

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, when the trade goes through, all Bell fans will be banned from further posting.

Legend

User Info Menu

“Report, Bell will...”

Since when was Yoda on this board??
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Unfortunately, when the trade goes through, all Bell fans will be banned from further posting.
    That's few and far between. JK.

I don't hate Bell but I don't agree with many of his decisions. I agree that we are a better team with Bell and that isn't meant to be a knock on Connor. Both have their strong points.

My biggest question mark is whether it makes financial sense to pay Bell what he wants. What is the better long term investment? Bell or a high dollar defensive player on a defense that is currently a damn joke?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    That isn't what the report says, Laconfora says he believes Bell is done in Pittsburgh and that the Eagles should sign him, there are no quotes from the team or from management in that article.
    Huh?? He had conversations with insiders and said management have moved on.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That's few and far between. JK.

I don't hate Bell but I don't agree with many of his decisions. I agree that we are a better team with Bell and that isn't meant to be a knock on Connor. Both have their strong points.

My biggest question mark is whether it makes financial sense to pay Bell what he wants. What is the better long term investment? Bell or a high dollar defensive player on a defense that is currently a damn joke?
    why does it have to be Bell or a high priced defensive player?

Why can’t we get rid of 2 or 3 salaries from people who don’t produce in order to get that high priced player?

We already pay Haden, Tuitt and Heyward good big money for a D that’s a joke.

Pay the players who produce. Cut the players who don’t and see how much money we have left over to sign better players.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bell isn’t producing anything....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Huh?? He had conversations with insiders and said management have moved on.
    Read the article, it doesn't say that.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why does it have to be Bell or a high priced defensive player?

Why can’t we get rid of 2 or 3 salaries from people who don’t produce in order to get that high priced player?

We already pay Haden, Tuitt and Heyward good big money for a D that’s a joke.

Pay the players who produce. Cut the players who don’t and see how much money we have left over to sign better players.
    You have a valid point (did I just say that?).

With that said, I bet you were probably a poster (as was I) that was happy about signing Tuitt to a long term deal. You want these players to get big money? That's an example where we paid up and it backfired.

The Tuitt contract looks like a bad investment. Now, it's basically a toxic contract that prevents us from signing other guys like Bell.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/stephon-tuitt/

So, between Heyward and Tuitt, we have two 3-4 DE making a combined 120 million (total contract). Thats a lot of dough. Shouldn't our DL be dominating with that type of investment?
    Last edited by steelz09; 10-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Read the article, it doesn't say that.
    The article is nothing more than an opinion piece on what LaContfore would do it he was the GM of these teams.

incredible how one can read this article and see something that isn’t there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    “Report, Bell will...”

Since when was Yoda on this board??
    "A contract. Guarantees. A Steeler craves not these things."