Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Good job offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Halftime is usually used to make adjustments...
    You make the call though..

Legend

User Info Menu

2 of the 3 games it looked like we weren’t even trying to score. Just milk clock.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Warts, yes, but overall, would you take last year's offense or this year's offense that scored points in only half of the quarters that have been played? Talk about inconsistent, in 3 of the 4 games so far, the Steelers offense has scored zero points in two quarters of each game, and in the 4th game they have a quarter with zero points and a quarter with 7 points, so, in 8 quarters of offensive football the Steelers have scored 7 points total. Maybe Haley's offense had similar issues but thinking back it doesn't seem like it did, dumb calls, yes, bad personnel, yes, but the offense felt better overall than it does right now, IMO.

Not to mention in the 4 games so far because the offense came out of the gate slow, the team has been playing from behind.

As a team, you have to be able to withstand the loss of a single non-quarterback player (the Eagles even did so and lost their franchise QB), every team goes through it, whether because of injury, holdout or some other reason, if the Steelers can't soldier on without Bell, well, then he should have been paid his asking price because he must clearly be the most important piece to the offense.

Pappy
    I would take this year's offense with Bell. no question about it.

bell doesn't fumble giving the game away to cleveland. that 2 wins 1 loss with yesterdays game up in the air with leaveon instead of conner, a team he's performed well against
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-01-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

bell doesn't fumble giving the game away to cleveland. that 2 wins 1 loss with yesterdays game up in the air with leaveon instead of conner, a team he's performed well against
    Bell would have fumbled against Cleveland as well...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO theres no way you could know that, but i know thats your opinion.
    The fact is that AV whiffed on his block and let Garret strip him from behind.

Legend

User Info Menu

guys. watch the damn replay again.

he didn't come down and tomahawk chop him. it was actually a pretty weak effort if he was trying to strip him. all garrett did was go tackle him, if he has a tighter grip on the ball, no way he fumbles.

situational football. up by 2 scores and near you're goal line a star veteran RB is going to know how to hold the ball, someone starting in their first game probably isn't.

just go and check how he held onto the ball when rushing after that play

Rookie

User Info Menu

he didn't come down and tomahawk chop him. it was actually a pretty weak effort if he was trying to strip him. all garrett did was go tackle him, if he has a tighter grip on the ball, no way he fumbles.

situational football. up by 2 scores and near you're goal line a star veteran RB is going to know how to hold the ball, someone starting in their first game probably isn't.

I watched that damn replay too many damn times...

Maybe Bell doesn’t fumble...but, I think he does...

Doesn't matter...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heres the replay...Now watch Garrets right arm...You do know your right from your left?

Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner fumbles the ball as Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Myles Garrett slaps it out of his hands and defensive back Jabrill Peppers rushes it to the 1-yard line.>>>https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/vide...ll-to-red-zone

Legend

User Info Menu

Peppers never secured that football

anyway, Conner had the ball and fumbled. It happens.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

He's a friggin' rookie. Of course he's gonna fumble the ball where a vet would be less likely to. What's the question again?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!