Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Legend

User Info Menu

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I want to be positive, but I felt about as good about last night's game as I did the Cleveland game. I feel like Tampa lost more than we won. There was little positive about this game aside from the win. It feels like we're inches from falling apart completely and having our worst season in the Mike Tomlin era.

Maybe the only silver lining is without starters playing in preseason and the lack of contact in practices, September is the new preseason. And we can make a big turn around starting in October.

Either way, I tried to limit the number of bads and uglies to the same number as the goods to try and give this place a more positive vibe. But to be honest, I could have easily listed 100+ more bads and uglies and maybe another handful of goods.

This just isn't a team that looks like they can compete for the SuperBowl, let alone make the playoffs. We'll see. Here's my top good, bad, and ugly. What you got?

Good:

We won. Juju. The Stiff Arm. Turnovers in our favor. Good Ben.

Bad:

Wizard of Boz. Burns. Bad Ben. Butler. AV.

Ugly:

Tampa WRs Open All Over Field. Ben's Deep Passes. Almost giving up 20 pt lead. Offense ineptness in 2nd half. Penalties.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I totally agree with you flippy. I feel relived that we won last night but all the things you said that are problems clearly remain.

I’m really pissed at Boswell for just mentally checking out on us after he got a big contract.

Our defense is the worse in the league satistically; along with the Chiefs.

But the chiefs are at least trying to fix their defense by trying to trade for Earl Thomas out of Seattle.

We refuse to give Eric Reid a sniff even as bad as our safeties are.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 09-25-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Fitz reminded me of cheaper Aaron Rodgers last night slinging it down to Mike Evans. Will the real boz please stand up...defense no way r igjt now this squad will won us a game. However, bostic looked fast and hope Hilton is ok!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its a win. Better than 0-2-1.

On to next week.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah.. really hope Hilton is okay

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Its a win. Better than 0-2-1.

On to next week.
    John Brown is licking his chops with the pass defense he saw from us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Good:

We won. Juju. The Stiff Arm. Turnovers in our favor. Good Ben.
    Jon Bostic. He was active and we actually have a defender who can tackle. He reminds me a lot of Larry Foote....not flashy but solid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I totally agree with you flippy. I feel relived that we won last night but all the things you said that are problems clearly remain.

I’m really pissed at Boswell for just mentally checking out on us after he got a big contract.

Our defense is the worse in the league satistically; along with the Chiefs.

But the chiefs are at least trying to fix their defense by trying to trade for Earl Thomas out of Seattle.

We refuse to give Eric Reid a sniff even as bad as our safeties are.
    I don't think it's our safety play. Davis and Edmunds are actually going to be good. That other corner regardless who it is are atrocious along with the MLB on passing downs. The genius Butler is putting his safety in bad spots because he have lb covering WR and te. Pick your poison if your Davis because he have more than one responsibility, but when everyone is being open is hard to guess correctly.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

He was fired up and had a couple plays where he explodedthrough the line lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good: W! / A road win against a hot team. / Vance McDonald – “THIS IS SPARTA!” / Bostic was a force. / The drive right before the half was vintage Ben.

Bad: 411 yards and 3 TDs for Fitzpatrick. / Dupree (minus the overthrow int that was more on Fitz) is terrible. / Watt trying to cover guys 30 yards down field. / Tampa scored on first 3 drives of 2nd Q. / Consistently open WRs.

Ugly: Penalties (including 12 men on the field for the second game in a row). / Roughing the passer calls on both teams. / Special Teams (opening kick hold, McCullers on extra point, Heyward-Bey, 6 penalties). / Boswell – atrocious. / Not making sure Goodwin was down. Sheer luck his foot hit a shoulder (lazy D).

**Interesting fact: The Steelers Special teams’ penalty yardage total exceeds the entire penalty yardage totals of the Patriots, Giants, and Chargers.