Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe Our Defense Isn't as Bad as We Thought?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe Our Defense Isn't as Bad as We Thought?

Up 35-7 at the half against San Fran. WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Up 35-7 at the half against San Fran. WTF?
    Good news our D is better than the 49er’s

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And Buffalo is killing the Vikings 27-0. The NFL is a strange sport at times.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that KC is legit. But, I'm not sure that means our D isn't bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't think SF's D was considered one of the powerhouses this year. We were bad last week, by any measure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yeah, I don't think SF's D was considered one of the powerhouses this year. We were bad last week, by any measure.
    At some point people should understand where the credit belongs. Mahomes is playing at a record breaking pace.

Consistent power house defenses are probably a thing of the past.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    At some point people should understand where the credit belongs. Mahomes is playing at a record breaking pace.

Consistent power house defenses are probably a thing of the past.
    I think that this is generally true. We get a Jacksonville every once in a while, but I think it's more rare than a great O.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It’s a sad indictment of the last 5 years when we have to declare our defense isn’t as bad as we thought.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Lol our defense is bad I don't have any confidence with the unit

Starter

User Info Menu

honestly guys...

Regardless of where you stand on the anthem controversy and it's impact or lack thereof...

The biggest problem the NFL is facing is that the product sucks. Defenses aren't allowed to hit, have swagger and intimidate anymore. I remember watching a MNF game in the early Cowher years against Buffalo as we were assuming the dominant role over that K-Gun team. It was mid 3rd quarter and the Steeler D was so devastating...I saw the Bills literally give up on the field on a hit by Woodson at their goal line.

You can say the Jags fits that bill, but it's an outlier. Clay Matthews is right, this league has gone soft. But it's not just the intimidating defenses that are gone, everything is a flag or a review now.

They finally changed the "What is a catch?" rule, but the damage has already been done.

The constant tweaking and then outrage and the tweaking in the other direction...it is killing the sport, IMO.

I don't watch as much football now. It just seems boring watching defenses hope to God that somehow the Offense gets a 10 yard penalty so they can get a 3rd and long and hopefully get enough pressure (without a hit mind you) that they rush the QB into throwing underneath, incomplete or worse.

Basically D has been neutered to the point it really isn't very exciting to watch football anymore.

Perhaps the game for player safety had to change, but in the end the game as an entertainment vehicle has suffered from it.

Brothervad