Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Reid - Seems like a no-brainer from a football point of view that he'd help us

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Reid - Seems like a no-brainer from a football point of view that he'd help us

So I would say, "Please, Mr. Rooney, your fan base will not abandon you if you bring him in and we see he is helping us win games.

You want your players to be bold ... how about you show them how, sir?

Let's win some games!"

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah, because we don't have enough distractions right now

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd try to sign him in a heartbeat.

But a lot of Steelers fans are old and support Trump. It's not like we're trying to target a millennial crowd like Nike. Not sure what it is about Pittsburgh, but I've had many a conversation with Pittsburgh folks that are more anti kneeling than just about anyone.

Even though I wouldn't see the Steelers signing him, I'm surprised no one has. Makes no sense.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd try to sign him in a heartbeat.

But a lot of Steelers fans are old and support Trump. It's not like we're trying to target a millennial crowd like Nike. Not sure what it is about Pittsburgh, but I've had many a conversation with Pittsburgh folks that are more anti kneeling than just about anyone.

Even though I wouldn't see the Steelers signing him, I'm surprised no one has. Makes no sense.
    Middle-aged white guys pay most of the bills for the NFL right now so if you believe that the customer is always right then the business must listen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Middle-aged white guys pay most of the bills for the NFL right now so if you believe that the customer is always right then the business must listen.
    I think that' a big mistake for the NFL not to focus on attracting millennials which should be their strongest lifelong audience.

The most engaged fans are 45-65. Soon the NFL will go the way of baseball where grandpa watches but nobody else cares.

Soccer is going to eventually win at Sports.

It already has on a global level.

For the NFL to have a chance, they should go after Millennials and give them something they find interesting. Or risk dying a slow death.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not opposed to signing Reid because of his protests, but until we get our communication issues straightened out, I wonder how much he'd really help us? Seems like another SS type, and we have enough of those. I know he has played FS in the past, but seems like he had regressed in that role. Not sure how great he'd be in our confused zone system.

Banned

User Info Menu

The customer isn’t always right. If that was the case baseball would still be white.

The sport will survive without those people, it always does.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Feltdizz brings up race again to try to prove his point / argument.

Shocker!

When did all that happen? Over SEVENTY YEARS ago? Perhaps a more recent example can be used next time.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Banned

User Info Menu

Wait a second...

So, feltdizz is the one who “brought up race”?

Stop calling NFL players illiterate...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boom..........................