Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin should suspend AB for Bucs Game

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin should suspend AB for Bucs Game

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201809190066

Interesting point: "... I know for a fact the other players are waiting and watching to see what Tomlin does with him."

If you start having people just deciding to not show up for practice, especially after a couple of games like we just had, and then don't discipline them for doing that … that'll be the end of the Steelers, there will be absolutely no discipline, IMO.

I don't know about a whole game, but I would say definitely don't start him, and don't play him for the first series or two. That'll send a strong message to the team, and won't hurt us that much in the game.

My 2 c!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure which way this is going, but whichever way galvanizes the team is the best way to go. Only Tomlin knows that. Imagine if, by losing Bell and now AB, we turn our season around. That would be so wild.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

According to some of the posters on this board, it's all much ado about nothing. They say AB's antics aren't any big deal; no way they can be detrimental to the team ... therefore, Tomlin should just do ... nothing. Well, maybe he should have a heart to heart with Brown, they'd say, but by no means is disciplinary action warranted.

But make no mistake, Brown is someone whose example other players on the team will follow. Seems to me Tomlin needs to get ahold of this situation by doing something. Like the OP said, maybe it only needs to be holding him out for a couple of series ... but something.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    According to some of the posters on this board, it's all much ado about nothing. They say AB's antics aren't any big deal; no way they can be detrimental to the team ... therefore, Tomlin should just do ... nothing. Well, maybe he should have a heart to heart with Brown, they'd say, but by no means is disciplinary action warranted.

But make no mistake, Brown is someone whose example other players on the team will follow. Seems to me Tomlin needs to get ahold of this situation by doing something. Like the OP said, maybe it only needs to be holding him out for a couple of series ... but something.
    Yeah, literally nobody said that AB skipping practice was “much ado about nothing”...

That being said, getting obsessed with the social media output of players IS “much ado about nothing”...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, we don't even know why Brown didn't show up, and even if he didn't show up on a Monday because he was angry I'm not sure that warrants a suspension. Maybe you fine him but you certainly do not suspend him, by suspending him you are only punishing the other guys on the team and the fans that paid money to watch him. There is no need to try and make an example of anybody, this isn't pee wee football, Steelers need to win that's what they get paid to do. So you talk to the guy find out his beef and you fix it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB's main beef is he's taking a back seat to JUJU right now. Not sure how you fix that. Targeting AB 20 times a game doesn't make us better as a team. AB needs us to spread the ball around more... so that other teams won't be double and triple teaming him as much. Just look at the game Jesse James had last week. Been a while since I've seen a TE that wide open (except for maybe Kelce last Sunday) lol

I agree with you about the suspension though. Too many unknowns at this point to be calling for that.

Banned

User Info Menu

Did he actually miss a practice?

Do the Steelers practice on Mondays? I don’t think so...

Team meetings? Sure...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    AB's main beef is he's taking a back seat to JUJU right now. Not sure how you fix that. Targeting AB 20 times a game doesn't make us better as a team. AB needs us to spread the ball around more... so that other teams won't be double and triple teaming him as much. Just look at the game Jesse James had last week. Been a while since I've seen a TE that wide open (except for maybe Kelce last Sunday) lol

I agree with you about the suspension though. Too many unknowns at this point to be calling for that.
    How do you know that's his beef, I don't buy that.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB is just another primadonna WR, not much different from the rest.

Just like the rest, his coaches have no control over him.

Whether it's his social media or his repeated celebrations that cost his team penalties in years past. Whether it's threatening reporters or just calling them clowns. Whether it's not showing up to work or asking to be traded. Whether it's getting AB his stats and 20 targets a game. It's all drama all the time with this guy.

AB is proof, Mike Tomlin has no control over this team.

But we'll deal with it because AB is a great player. However, this stuff has to have a trickle down effect on the rest of the team. Other players want to be like AB.

He's a distraction. His coaches and teammates have to focus on him instead of focusing on football when we haven't won a game. And the best part is he ducks out early to avoid reporters so his teammates and coaches have to deal with all this mess and clean up for him.

This is no different that TO, Chad Ochocinco, etc. All great players, but how many SuperBowls do these wideouts really make happen? These guys are a dime a dozen. Get me a great QB and an Oline that can give him time, and he'll make any scrub (WR, RB, TE) look good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    How do you know that's his beef, I don't buy that.
    How do you know its not? If you've got another version of why AB is upset, I'd be glad to hear it. Im sure it's not the only thing on his mind, but the fact that JUJU is taking over can't sit well with him.