Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So many injuries ... is it someone's fault, or just bad luck?

Legend

User Info Menu

So many injuries ... is it someone's fault, or just bad luck?

DeCastro, GIlbert, Foster, Haden, Watt, McDonald, anyone else?

Is our conditioning program sucky? What did these guys do during the pre-season to get ready to play real games?

Jeesh!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Reportedly no injuries suffered during the Chiefs game (except for injured pride).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its tough luck. Last season we were relatively lucky... Offensive line stayed pretty well intact all year.

Sadly, most years end like the year we played Denver in the playoffs and had Fitz Toussaint at RB... no AB, a banged up Ben.. etc.... and not just for us, but for all teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a league wide problem. Players are bigger, faster, stronger than ever before. So the collisions just keep getting worse for all.

Banned

User Info Menu

Happens every year.

Legend

User Info Menu

we have no more injuries then the next team
    not a valid excuse
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every year.........

Backup

User Info Menu

In addition, injuries involving tendons, ligaments, and bone contusions take longer to heal overall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thursday, Sep 20, 2018 04:00 PM

Week 3 Injury Report (Buccaneers)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

The Steelers should get a key factor on their defense back this week as Joe Haden returned to practice as a full participant on Thursday.

‘It feels pretty good. I am excited,” said Haden. “I am feeling healthy. Glad I have a little more time. This is the best-case scenario."

Haden missed last week’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs after suffering a hamstring injury in the season opener.

“He had a good week of rehabilitation (last week), and we anticipate him working,” said Coach Mike Tomlin during his weekly press conference. “But again, we’ll let the result of that work and the quality of that work be our guide in terms of determining his availability.”

David DeCastro did not practice on Thursday. DeCastro missed Sunday’s game with a hand injury and said being smart is a key right now as he doesn’t want to rush and injury it further.

“I am just making sure it’s protected and I don’t make it worse,” said DeCastro. “I don’t want to take one step forward and four steps back and miss more time. We have a good staff. They are being smart, we are all being smart. I want to get back out there as much as possible. I don’t like it, it’s abnormal, but it’s part of it.”

Tyson Alualu, who missed the Chiefs game with a shoulder injury, was a full participant on Thursday, as was Ramon Foster (knee). Marcus Gilbert (hamstring) didn’t practice, and Morgan Burnett (groin) was limited. Maurkice Pouncey didn’t practice, simply a coach’s decision.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 3

Thursday, 9/20
    CB Joe Haden (Hamstring) - Full
    S Morgan Burnett (Groin) - Limited
    C Maurkice Pouncey Coaches Decision) - DNP
    G David DeCastro (Hand) - DNP
    G Ramon Foster (Knee) - Full
    OT Marcus Gilbert (Hamstring) - DNP
    DE Tyson Alualu (Shoulder) - Full

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Participation/Injury Report, Week 3

Thursday, 9/20
    WR Chris Godwin (Toe) - Limited
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (Knee) - Full
    CB Marcus Williams (Hamstring) - DNP
    S Chris Conte (Knee) - Limited
    CB Brent Grimes (Groin) - Full
    DT Vita Vea (Calf) - Limited
    T Demar Dotson (Knee) - Limited
    T Donovan Smith (Knee) - Limited
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Knee) - DNP
    DT Beau Allen (Foot) - DNP

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-3-injury-report-buccaneers
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Friday, Sep 21, 2018 03:00 PM

Week 3 Injury Report (Buccaneers)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

Joe Haden was a full participant in practice for the second straight day, with his sights set on playing Monday night against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Haden missed last week’s game against the Chiefs with a hamstring injury and said the extra week is beneficial to him.

“It feels a whole lot better,” said Haden. “This week it feels a whole lot better. I am able to run. It’s a whole lot better. We are progressing.”

David DeCastro did not practice for the second straight day, still nursing his hand injury. DeCastro missed the Chiefs game with the injury and said being smart is a key right now as he doesn’t want to rush and injure it further.

Also missing for the second straight day was Marcus Gilbert with a hamstring injury. If Gilbert can’t go, the next man up would be Matt Feiler.

“You have to prepare the best you can and practice like you are playing,” said Feiler. “I keep working the craft. I feel pretty comfortable. I have been getting reps all week.”

Tyson Alualu, who missed the Chiefs game with a shoulder injury, was a full participant on Thursday and Friday, as was Ramon Foster (knee). Morgan Burnett (groin) was limited on Thursday and didn’t practice on Friday. Stephon Tuitt missed practice on Friday with an illness.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 3

Friday, 9/21
    CB Joe Haden (Hamstring) - Full
    S Morgan Burnett (Groin) - DNP
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Coaches Decision) - Full
    G David DeCastro (Hand) - DNP
    G Ramon Foster (Knee) - Full
    OT Marcus Gilbert (Hamstring) - DNP
    DE Stephon Tuitt (Illness) - DNP
    DE Tyson Alualu (Shoulder) - Full

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-3-injury-report-buccaneers
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    we have no more injuries then the next team
    not a valid excuse
    It's not at all. We have been healthier than many
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.