Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok that kills that rumor

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok that kills that rumor

Tomlin was asked do he call the plays on defense, his response NO I DO NOT.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Lmao

Butler better get it together

He may get fired mid season
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure aome, one for sure, will be disappointed that they can't blame Tomlin for the prep of the defense and in game play calling.

The bottomline is that Butler needs to figure this out quick or he can get fired just like LeBeau did for not getting it done. There was always a concern that maybe Butler wasn't a big enough break from LeBeau...let the hate begin in 3...2...1...

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m at the point now where I’d fire everybody. Blow it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm sure aome, one for sure, will be disappointed that they can't blame Tomlin for the prep of the defense and in game play calling.

The bottomline is that Butler needs to figure this out quick or he can get fired just like LeBeau did for not getting it done. There was always a concern that maybe Butler wasn't a big enough break from LeBeau...let the hate begin in 3...2...1...
    Who elevated Butler to DC? Who kept him on after a dismal defensive showing to close out last season? Who sits with him to formulate the game plans, and oversees his preparation of the defense every week?

I get it that you cannot blame Tomlin for all of Butler's failures, but I sure as heck can't see how you can absolve him of all the blame for this mess that is our defense. After LeBeau left, MT got to call the shots with this D, bring in his guy for coordinator and run the system he wanted. In spite of a bunch of high draft picks added on that side of the ball, we've got the crapshow we now see on the field.

I do think Tomlin is, overall, a good coach, but I don't think he has felt all that much urgency to have to make seriously-needed changes to what clearly isn't working. Maybe some blame does go to Rooney, too, for not making him feel more heat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m at the point now where I’d fire everybody. Blow it up.
    Good lord!!!! It has only been two games. Let's all take some valium and chill a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Good lord!!!! It has only been two games. Let's all take some valium and chill a bit.
    Tired of it all. A win would heal all wounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Who elevated Butler to DC? Who kept him on after a dismal defensive showing to close out last season? Who sits with him to formulate the game plans, and oversees his preparation of the defense every week?

I get it that you cannot blame Tomlin for all of Butler's failures, but I sure as heck can't see how you can absolve him of all the blame for this mess that is our defense. After LeBeau left, MT got to call the shots with this D, bring in his guy for coordinator and run the system he wanted. In spite of a bunch of high draft picks added on that side of the ball, we've got the crapshow we now see on the field.

I do think Tomlin is, overall, a good coach, but I don't think he has felt all that much urgency to have to make seriously-needed changes to what clearly isn't working. Maybe some blame does go to Rooney, too, for not making him feel more heat.

classic tomlin not taking any blame. of course he isnt calling all the plays during the game, but he sure as hell made up the plays and installs them during the week. he is aware of what calls are to made and not made in certain situations.
    'heres my defense, run it this way with these players'
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Tomlin was asked do he call the plays on defense, his response NO I DO NOT.

lol.he also said he fired arians and hired haley and butler
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just saying, but i could see you saying the same thing in a few weeks...

"Good lord!!!! It has only been five games. Let's all take some valium and chill a bit."