Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: "Why Leveon Bell might make more money if he ends his holdout now"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Bell wouldnít have taken that offer even if he never got in trouble.

You have to remember he went to college with Kirk Cousins. Cousins has been on a mission educating players on the real numbers in these contracts.

While we were scoffing at Bell turning down our first offer he told us why and we didnít listen.

Its all about the guaranteed dollars and the Steelers are still using old contract tactics.

He is a lot smarter than folks give him credit for when it comes to betting on himself.
    If Bell hadnít gotten in trouble, he would have received a better offer much earlier...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+Ä# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    All of Shazier’s 2018 money was guaranteed for injury...the Steelers gave him the bulk of his money up front instead of making him wait for game checks...

Neither side really gave up anything, but the Steelers just didn’t make him wait an entire year to get that money...they didn’t have to do it up front, but Shazier would have eventually received his entire salary...
    Fair enough. I stand corrected. I saw what appeared to be a "Base salary" of under 500K...and assumed not all of it was guaranteed. My mistake. Either way...the Steelers made good on a situation.